g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
New Poll

Crying Out, Vela
Randolph Graves
 Posted on: Dec 29 2017, 02:49 AM
PMQuote
Randy - 71 posts - 17 - 5'8" - Halfblood
Part-Veela & Legilimens
Wampus
6th-Year
Liz
19 points

Seriously, stop being so self-indulgent.

The day had gone pretty well, all things considered. Life had become a day-by-day process. It had to be, when you were never totally sure what you would wake up to. If he visited Uncle Percy, would he be lucid? And would Randy even be able to see properly, or would it be one of those "dissociative" days, when the paranoia made everything look wrong? What would be frightening and what wouldn't? And when would the other kids finally get past the stupid Veela thing long enough to realize that he wasn't actually cool and didn't particularly want to be?

The day had been all right, though, and now he was exhausted from the mental effort of fighting off people's thoughts, so it was definitely time to wrap up in his cloak and go outside to rest for a little while. As he walked, he focused on breathing calmly and loosening his mind, bit by bit. The sounds of nature passed into him, and those were nice. And the lapping of the water was always soothing. And the--

Oh. Why was he seeing a pile of ragged clothing?... He wasn't. There was someone in the pile, shaking. Children's laughter, loud but somehow sinister. A blast of cuttingly cold wind. The devastating knowledge that there were so few options and all terrible. Actual suffering, unlike his indulgent self-pity at the knowledge that he'd opened his heart to a psychotic serial killer. So what? God, he hated himself for being so weak about it all, when there were things so much worse. Like these pictures. Who was...?

Then he saw her. She was small, a first-year. So little, too little to be an alien creature hiding behind a human face, right? And, even if she were, it was an alien creature small enough for him to fight off. And she was sad, and anybody who could be that sad had to be human.

Before he could convince himself not to, he was standing beside her, looking at the lake and listening to the lapping water. "Hi. Can I sit with you?"

@Summer

--------------------
Randy Graves
Extremely famous and popular
Gorgeous part-Veela
5'8" and ethereal
You are someone else, and I am still right here.
Randy's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Vela Star-Himmel
 Posted on: Dec 29 2017, 01:43 PM
PMQuote
Vela - 15 posts - 11 - 4' 11" - Halfblood
Ilvermorny
1st Year Student
Summer
2 points

old memories die hard Sometimes Vela felt the weight of the life she'd lead settle heavy on her mind and there was little she could do about it. Her grandparents were having her see a therapist and, while Vela liked her, it was hard to explain a lot of what troubled her. She supposed she didn't really understand it enough to make the words come out rationally but, in those sessions, it felt good to cry because she knew she was in a safe place.

At Ilvermorny Vela had to be strong.

There wasn't often a time she had a moment alone to really feel the memories of the past catch up to her but, sometimes they sneaked into her mind and she could not seem to shake them. Those were times when she needed space and she had found the lake was a peaceful, safe place much like her therapist's office.

She rocked on a bench, arms clutched tight around her, her head bowed, hair curtaining around her face and she cried, trying to release the pressure inside her chest. Vela didn't want to burden anyone else with her old life; she was happy in her new life, this new world of magic and family and friendship.

Hi. Can I sit with you? a voice asked and Vela looked up, pushing her strands of hair out of her tear-stained face. She nodded, lower lip trembling with the effort of holding back her tears now that someone was near.

She knew this boy. He was not in her House but, she had seen him around the school. He was always surrounded by people and, Vela thought she could see why. He was - pretty. It wasn't the right word but, it was what she could think of in that moment. People liked pretty things so it made sense that they would like this boy. She wondered vaguely if he got tired of so much attention; everyone needed time alone, didn't they? Perhaps that was why he'd come out to her lake.

"Um, hi," Vela finally said, her voice rough from crying. "You - you're...Randy?" she asked, thinking that was right but, uncertain at the same time.

@Liz

i spend endless nights staring at barren walls & falling skies trying to press together constellations & bridge your darkness into mine
Vela's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Randolph Graves
 Posted on: Dec 30 2017, 05:48 PM
PMQuote
Part-Veela & Legilimens
Wampus
6th-Year
Liz
19 points

Seriously, stop being so self-indulgent. user posted image

Oh. Well, crap. He didn't know her name. There were a lot of names to keep track of, and it had always been hard, but now it was even harder. Now that he had arrived, though, he certainly didn't want to leave. Her pain-- and he felt terrible about this, but it was true-- her pain outweighed his own and was, in that way, a relief.

Merlin, Randy, you are the worst person in the world.

He nodded. "Yeah. Randy. What's your name?" As he spoke, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a partially eaten chocolate bar. He held it out in offering as he peeled the wrapper away and grabbed a chunk to pop in his own mouth.

--------------------
Randy Graves
Gorgeous part-Veela
5'8" and ethereal
^
Vela Star-Himmel
 Posted on: Dec 31 2017, 03:58 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
1st Year Student
Summer
2 points

old memories die hard Vela wiped her cheeks hard with the sleeves of her winter robes and looked at Randy, next to her. "I'm Vela," she replied, her voice still rough from crying. She looked at him for a moment as he offered her some of his candy bar and then nodded slowly, reaching to break off a piece, too. She didn't eat it right away but, instead, glanced across the frozen lake.

"It's beautiful here, isn't it?" Vela said, almost more to herself than to Randy. "Like, something out of a fairytale." She shoved the candy chunk into her mouth and closed her eyes, savoring the chocolate flavor.

Peeking over at Randy once more, Vela remembered seeing him in the dining hall, surrounded by people and wondered why he was alone now. "Where are all your friends, Randy?" she asked, curiously. "You are not often, um, on your own." She had always been too observant for her own good but, now, she might seem to be prying which, she didn't intent but, she was curious.

i spend endless nights staring at barren walls & falling skies trying to press together constellations & bridge your darkness into mine
^
Randolph Graves
 Posted on: Jan 2 2018, 08:20 PM
PMQuote
Part-Veela & Legilimens
Wampus
6th-Year
Liz
19 points

"The most beautiful part of campus, I think," Randy agreed, using his tongue to press the chocolate up against the roof of his mouth and savoring the way it melted deliciously. The taste of it made warmth radiate through every part of him. Chocolate was the best medicine.

The question she asked him next was really quite straightforward and surprising. One corner of Randy's lips quirked upward as he tried to figure out what words to say. He was very good at talking to people, but talking about talking to people? That suddenly seemed very complicated.

I don't have friends. I don't even know half of their names. I barely ever get to talk to any single person long enough to become friends. I used to have a friend but then I stopped being sure he wasn't Grindelwald so I sort of stopped hanging out with him.

He shrugged. "Doing homework, I guess, or pulling pranks. It's hard to keep up with them all the time, you know?" He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Sometimes it just feels nicer to be on your own. Relaxing. Don't you think?"

--------------------
Randy Graves
Gorgeous part-Veela
5'8" and ethereal
^
Vela Star-Himmel
 Posted on: Jan 3 2018, 03:45 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
1st Year Student
Summer
2 points

old memories die hard Randy took a while to answer her question and Vela could almost feel the mulling over he was doing as he tried to find an answer he deemed suitable. She raised her brows slightly, watching him. If she was as pretty as he was, she thought she'd have a lot of friends, too.

His answer satisfied Vela and she nodded. "Yes. I like to be with people but, not always. I'm used to my own space." I had to be, she thought a little bitterly. She had so often been left alone and then, when she'd been with other children, things had not always gone very well. But, she didn't want to think about that again. Not now that she had company!

And, Randy seemed nice. Kind of like a big brother checking up on his little sister. At least, that's how Vela thought a big brother might behave. "Do you have any siblings?" she asked, prying yet again out of pure curiosity and, perhaps, a small need to know if Randy was anything like her. Did he always feel alone even in a crowd? There was something in his eyes Vela could not interpret. Maybe it was sadness or fear or even disappointment but, she couldn't get a handle on anything solid. She was no ligilimens, after all!

^
Randolph Graves
 Posted on: Jan 9 2018, 08:52 PM
PMQuote
Part-Veela & Legilimens
Wampus
6th-Year
Liz
19 points

I had to be. Randy was really trying not to read anything, but he'd come out here to let his guard down, and now he was getting Vela's thoughts. But, hey, she was all young and innocent and didn't want to hook up with him! So that was all right.

"People get too much sometimes," he agreed before shaking his head. "Nah, it's always just been me and my mom and my uncle. I used to always want some siblings, but then my mom got me all these jobs and there were people everywhere and being alone started to feel better."

He saw myriad faces in her head, floating, blurring, but didn't feel warmth toward them. They didn't feel like siblings, at least he didn't think so. "What about you?" he asked anyway, because if she didn't already know that he could accidentally naturally see into people's heads, then it might be good not to make her feel awkward by telling her.

--------------------
Randy Graves
Gorgeous part-Veela
5'8" and ethereal
^
Vela Star-Himmel
 Posted on: Jan 17 2018, 05:33 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
1st Year Student
Summer
2 points

old memories die hard Vela looked surprised at Randy's statement. "You have jobs...plural? Not just one?" How odd. Didn't most people start working after school if they could help it? Randy didn't look like he needed the money, from what Vela could tell based on his clothing and generally well-kept appearance. But, hey, sometimes looks were deceiving.

She shook her head a little bit when Randy returned the question. "No. It's just me. Well, me and my grandparents, now," Vela added without thinking. "Oh! And, my cat!" She shrugged a shoulder and cracked a wry smile. "I guess, you could say, time spent alone is better than time spent in the company of people we don't want to be surrounded by, huh?" She looked at Randy and then suddenly realized he might think she meant she didn't want him there!

"Oh!" she gasped and put a hand over her mouth, eyes wide in concern. She reached out and patted Randy's forearm gently, "I didn't mean you! I just meant, you know, that if being alone was the only other option to being surrounded constantly - especially by fake people - that it would be better to be alone. But, time in good company is always the best!"

^
Randolph Graves
 Posted on: Feb 1 2018, 01:07 AM
PMQuote
Part-Veela & Legilimens
Wampus
6th-Year
Liz
19 points

Randy listened with a smile as Vela spoke, sounding sweet and excited and then deeply apologetic. She was incredibly endearing and made him feel a sort of warm, light glow. Coming to sit with her had absolutely been a good choice.

"That's OK, I get it. And I have a puppy!" he replied with a grin. "My mom named him Rudy. For Rudolph Valentino. He was in a lot of movies. My mom wants me to be in a movie someday, but for now I just do plays. And model fancy clothes. The acting part is more fun than the modeling part. You want the last piece?" He offered the chocolate one more time.

--------------------
Randy Graves
Gorgeous part-Veela
5'8" and ethereal
^
Vela Star-Himmel
 Posted on: Feb 8 2018, 12:41 AM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
1st Year Student
Summer
2 points

old memories die hard Vela raised her brows in surprise. "Do you want to be in movies? That seems like an awful lot of pressure, to me," she shrugged a little and reached for the last bit of chocolate. "Thanks." She popped the chocolate bit into her mouth and hummed her approval at the taste. It really was nice and it made her feel sort of warm all the way to her fingertips and toes.

"I mean, if you could do anything, anything at all, what would you really want to do with your life, when you grow up?" Vela grinned at Randy, then. "Well, I suppose, compared to me, you're pretty grown up already, aren't you!" She laughed lightly and nudged him playfully with her shoulder, the way she'd seen friends do over the years. She'd never really had anyone to nudge before; it was a nice feeling. Maybe Randy could be her friend. But, he might just be a nice boy who'd happened upon her, too, and he'd be off with his own group of friends after all this was over...

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole