g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Closed
New Poll

[complete] Interrogation or Interview?, Fin
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 07:26 PM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Dept. Head: Improper Use of Magic
Avery
107 points

oh, uh, hi? Imogen could easily have apparated to the shop rather than walking there, but she was a tad stir-crazy after working since Monday, and she hadn't been able to see much of the O'Briens either with her attempts to keep an eye on MACUSA coming in the way. But it was Thursday, which meant she would be going to see Cormac the next night. So that was something to look forward to, and she decided to make her way to a bodega in Wanderlust and then take everything to her flat from there.

Bundled up with an added warming charm for good measure, she turned the corner and ducked through the doorway, dropping the charm almost without thinking about it. Then she took to the aisles, lost in thought and trying to convince herself that she'd earned an extra night off of her digging.

--------------------
"To this day, she goes out of her way every month or so to run into one of them and make them think about it again. (Okay, so maybe the hat wanted to put her in Slytherin and she said no.)"

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Finley O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 09:47 PM
PMQuote
- 28 posts - 30 - -
Bartender, Wolf of the O'Brien's
Ferret
26 points

There’s a wolf in the glen He was happy for his uncle, he was, the woman seemed to have brought some form of happiness, and love back to the man that had taught Finley. Still though, what was about to do, had to be done, the were no two ways about it. Finley was the silent watcher, Cormac might have been the one to pass down the laws, command the punishments, and choose the fate of their friends or enemies, but Finley was always watching. When he saw Alex leave her home, he sighed, and flicked the cigarette he had been smoking out into a gutter, before following far enough back not to cause suspicion. If Cormac ever found out what his nephew had been doing, Fin knew there would be a devil to pay, but he did not care, the family came first.

When Alex reached the store, Finley waited a few minutes before he entered, then proceed to wander about, ensuring that he would, stumble across his uncle's lover. B the time he actually ran into Alex, Finley was holding several oranges in a small wicker basket that had been near the door. That was the greatest thing about their world, he thought happily to himself when he found the fruit, they always had fresh fruit. Turning a corner down an aisle, Fin met who he was looking for, though he wished it had not been from him, walking right into her.

As they both reeled, his hand shot out, and caught her arm, helping her regain her balance. Letting go, he gave a small smile, just a tug at the corner of his mouth, and his blue eyes, held a genuine look of pleasure, after all, he wasn't a monster. With an inclination of his head, he stepped back, "Alexis, right? It's a pleasure, ah.. sorry about all that." His voice was soft, a contrast from most of his family.

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 01:39 AM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Avery
107 points

oh, uh, hi? Turning onto a new aisle, she frowned a little at the produce section, suddenly unsure what sorts of things were even sold that time of year. Merlin, what she would've given for honeydew. But then she moved further down the aisle and let out a gasp of surprise. "Merlin, I'm sorry-" she began, looking up as he caught her arm. "Oh."

What were the odds? Maybe he lived in Wanderlust and was genuinely there to do some shopping. But she had become a little uncertain about coincidences when it came to the O'Briens. Thanksgiving and Christmas gone, she was slowly picking up on things. Not the mob things, necessarily, but she was pretty sure Cormac didn't want her to. So she never asked. If she'd known how it could come to bite her in the arse, maybe she would've done anyway.

"Hello, Fin," she replied, hoping she hadn't managed to mix up their names after seeing them all multiple times by then. "That's all right. And-- you're welcome to call me Alex." She glanced down at her basket before deciding to try and talk to him despite the reserved nature he'd always seemed to have. That was what someone involved with Cormac's family would do, right? "How've you been?"

@Ferret

--------------------
"To this day, she goes out of her way every month or so to run into one of them and make them think about it again. (Okay, so maybe the hat wanted to put her in Slytherin and she said no.)"

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Finley O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 02:27 AM
PMQuote
- 28 posts - 30 - -
Ferret
26 points

There’s a wolf in the glen "Alex, right, my apologies..." Fin's answer was polite, and he gave an apologetic nod, as he glanced down at his suit. What the fuck was e thinking, this was his uncle new squeeze, and he had no business sizing her up. Then again, that was exactly why he had business doing what he was doing, he owed everything to Cormac, literally everything. When they had lost Darcy, Cormac was the one that finally saved Fin. He owed his uncle. Realizing slowly that the awkward silence was beginning to stretch, Finley stepped to the side, and indicated for Alex to continue on. "Please, after you."

It dawned on him that answering her question would probably be in his best interest, and he shrugged slightly, "I've... I've been alright." Well not the entire truth, Fin was never really, alright, he was a powder keg waiting for an errant spark, a hound at the end of a chain. Looking down into the basket in his hand, he found a way to escape her question, "I've been looking everywhere for oranges. I do not know how the owner does it but they have them nearly year round." AS they walked, Fin glanced around, and saw they ewre alone in an aisle, and froze. For a moment, the reserved, and shy man vanished.

"Miss Osbourne..." There was and edge to the normally soft voice, and when she looked at him, his eyes were cold. He needed to say, and do what had to be done. "My uncle is a good man, Miss Osbourne... Not necessarily a righteous one, but a good one, and fair. He has..." Fin paused, he could see Aunt Darcy stting at the kitchen table, while he stood in the doorway, "My uncle has suffered.. a lot, more than many realize." He stopped as a stranger passed them, Fin eyeing them like a wolf watching a deer. "In the last four months, I have seen my uncle returning to his old self..." Finley shook his head and paused, this woman was a good person, nothing he had seen, had told him otherwise yet. Letting out a laugh, he grinned, "I'm sorry, Alex... it's just... he was there for me at my lowest moment... It's good to see him happy again"

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 02:59 AM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Avery
107 points

oh, uh, hi? Imogen smiled to herself at his politeness, wondering if Cormac had instilled that in him, or someone else. Perhaps both. "Maybe it's magic," she offered, her tone a little teasing. But she let that smile bloom a bit more to make clear that she meant no offense by it. Of course, when he spoke again she was startled into stopping halfway down the aisle, and she turned around to face him, eyes widening.

When he started, she expected a reprimand. An assurance that she could never measure up to the woman who came before, and a statement of rejection from someone who, blatantly, had a lot of respect for Cormac. And maybe that was the intention behind it. But what she heard wasn't strictly that. On the contrary, she was surprised to hear at least partial approval.

"You don't need to apologize, Fin." She shook her head a little, her voice tame to account for the look in his eyes. "...I never-- I never expected anything like this, you know? I'm pleased, don't get me wrong. I'm... exceptionally happy. But I think I understand what you're getting at. I know that I can never make up for what your family's lost. Who you've lost. And that's not my intention." Her shoulders lifted into a shrug but deflated, sinking lower than where they'd started. Imogen tilted her head to the side, pausing to lift her eyebrows in question. "Y-you... You think he's happy?" She'd always thought he seemed that way, but how could she really know?

@Ferret

--------------------

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Finley O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 17 2018, 02:47 AM
PMQuote
- 28 posts - 30 - -
Ferret
26 points

There’s a wolf in the glen The sound of his cigarette case snapping shut put an end to the silence that her question had raised. Was his Uncle happy, did Alex seem to have brought something back from the man? Finley thought so, and he hoped he was right, as he pondered the question, he nodded. "I think he is happy. I also believe that it is because of you, you've brought something back to the surface for him." Of course, who was Fin to judge when it came to emotion, he had been terrible at managing his own for the longest time. The unlit cigarette moved between his fingers, and the case returned to his coat.

Stepping forward, Finley arrested the movement on his cigarette, and he left his basket on a shelf. An exhausted sigh slipped from his lips, and he watched Alex intently, looking for a sign. For a moment he did not think he had anything more to say, after all if she did anything, Fin would be the first to come calling. He stepped closer and his bright blue eyes turned cold for a moment. "Alex... please do not hurt him, or his family."

That was it, he did not feel he needed more than that to make his point. He did not bluster, or try and show off with any bravado. Just a simply request, delivered straight forward and bluntly. Hard eyes searched hers, and he stepped back again, "Noelle wouldn't understand why you stopped coming by." It was a baldfaced lie, but it served his purpose for the time being.

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Jan 17 2018, 03:24 AM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Avery
107 points

oh, uh, hi? Imogen felt immeasurably bolstered by the idea that he was somehow happier than normal, regardless of the fact that it had something to do with her. That part certainly made her happier, but it wasn't the important part. Not for her, not anymore. After her last failure of a relationship, she'd learned about what really mattered. She just didn't realize how much she had left to learn about Cormac.

"That's the last thing I want," she promised him, shaking her head and holding her basket even closer to her stomach. "I may not have a right to say as much, but I'd be devastated if they were hurt. Especially because of me. You've all been so kind to me. And I'll admit, sometimes I'm still confused as to why. I-- I haven't been close to my own family in over a decade and a half. I couldn't live with ruining things for someone else's."

She sort of expected him to leave, but the last thing he said rang in her ears like some kind of omen or warning sign. Imogen swallowed roughly and nodded, adding: "Yeah, I know.."

--------------------

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Finley O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 01:34 AM
PMQuote
- 28 posts - 30 - -
Ferret
26 points

There’s a wolf in the glen "We were taught as kids," he paused the fingers of his left hand twitching as he thought back to his upbringing, "Family is everything. We were always taught that no matter what family came first." He had seen, and done terrible things in the name of family. "Watch over those who can't watch over themselves, and always have family's back. There are times when an exception must be made." The end of the statement was sour, the man thinking of another uncle, someone he needed to speak to alone, and without witnesses. Fin blinked and stared at Alex for a moment as he gathered his thoughts.

Alexis Osbourne was good people, and good for his uncle, so Finley decided to stop the unnecessary pressure. The edge was gone from his voice, and his eyes were the typical sky blue. "I like you Alex... " Fin gave a smile, a charming pleasant effect that for a moment made him look like a thinner, taller version of his Uncle. After all, Cormac had taught Fin everything he knew, "You're a good person, I know you'll do right by my family." A glance down at his watch and the smile furrowed in a frown. "Sorry, but I have to go. It was a pleasure seeing you. Here, allow me, for the inconvenience." Withdrawing his wallet, he plucked out several bills, and stared at her basket, then free two more. Quickly he stuck the money into her hand, and his hands back into his pockets, almost like she had the plague. "Again, sorry for the inconvenience, Miss Osbourne. I'll see you around." bowing his head he walked away, forgetting about the basket on the shelf.

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 02:32 AM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Avery
107 points

oh, uh, hi? Cormac had not yet told Imogen the story about his father, and she would not brave asking many questions about his mother or his youth until much later, when she had given up the idea of avoiding the discussion of her own family. So it was a genuine surprise to feel so much more jealous of the O'Briens than she already was. But for the first time in her life, that jealousy wasn't this negative, volatile thing. It made her all the more fond of them, and more desirous of a position in their lives. Even if it ended up being something small and different than she would really hope for.

"I wish someone had told my parents that," she murmured, flashing him a half-hearted smile. But that was neither the point, nor something either of them seemed interested in lingering on. And despite the fact that she was mostly kidding about that part, what he said next would stay with her for a long time. She would hear Fin in her head when she left, that Friday, to see Cormac.

Suddenly, he was leaving and then -- reaching for money? Imogen blinked at him, nearly jerking her hand away when he gave it to her. "I--" She attempted, only for him to turn away. "Bye, Fin," she landed on instead, looking down to count out what he'd given her. When she got home, she wrote the amount down, determining that she would just find something that matched the amount for the next time she needed to get him a gift. She also made a note to ask about Finley's birthday, deciding that she quite liked him in return.

--------------------

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Liz
 Posted on: Jan 30 2018, 06:41 PM
PMQuote
Lizzz - 517 posts - 431 - 5'6" - No-Maj
Newt's New York
Admin Supreme
Liz
12 points

user posted image

--------------------
LIZ
ADMIN SUPREME
ASK ME ALL OF THE THINGS!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
Lizzz's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole