g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
New Poll

[OPEN] Lingering in the A.M.
Azriel Rousseau
 Posted on: Oct 4 2017, 12:16 PM
PMQuote
- 11 posts - 29 - 6'3" - Halfblood
Head of the MLE
Avery
11 points

Early is on time. The atrium was Azriel's favorite part of MACUSA. That probably would've surprised those who he worked with, considering his strict and serious personality, because most might have guessed he preferred his office. But no. He liked the look of the giant threat clock, paying it careful attention any time he passed. Just in case. But there was something about the bustle and about being able to blend in for a moment that he thoroughly appreciated. It was easier than having all eyes turn towards him in the MLE department, where he still sometimes wondered if he was qualified for the position he'd been given.

At any rate, he lingered there with his coffee one morning, pleased to have arrived early. His empty hand reached up to run over his casually slicked-back hair, and then leaned against a column. A harried-looking Auror rushed past without noticing him, and as his eyes followed her he realized it was just Tina. Predictable and always overwrought, that one. Shaking his head, he took another drink from his cup, finishing it off, before levitating it over to the nearest trash can. In his relaxed state, he almost didn't even notice when his lack of attention caused the cup to dip down, nearly hitting someone in the head.

^
Allegra Passi
 Posted on: Oct 15 2017, 01:12 PM
PMQuote
Allie - 11 posts - 42 - 5'5" - Pureblood
Metamorphmagi
Major Investigation Department Head
Nexus
11 points

No Excuse for Inattention Allegra missed her kids. They were off at Ilvermorny, and she was home alone. It was the price she paid for them growing up she supposed but the house was so quiet now. She considered getting a pet for that very reason, everyone knew she wouldn't be dating or married all over again. That was not another road she was willing to walk into. So she got up early like every morning, ate some breakfast and went to MACUSA so she could start her day of holding the hands of the employees.

Walking into the building, looking over a letter she had been sent, she sighed when it slipped out of her hand and onto the floor. Going to bend down to pick it back up, she happened to look up and see a coffee cup about to dump on her head. Dodging it, just as the coffee spilled on her letter, she quickly grabbed the cup out of the air and tossed it in the trash glancing around. Spotting Azriel she shook her head. Cleaning up the mess, she picked up her letter and walked over to where he was.

"Azriel, what is going on in that head of yours, you almost spilled coffee on me" Looking at the younger man who had actually become her boss, she shook her head and placed a hand on his shoulder. She had quickly began to see him as another child to her, she felt protective of him and even did whatever she could to help him and make sure he succeeded.

Allie's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Azriel Rousseau
 Posted on: Oct 15 2017, 09:35 PM
PMQuote
Head of the MLE
Avery
11 points

Early is on time. Azriel jumped into action when he realized what was happening, stepping forward only to pull up short when she turned to him, luckily unaffected by the coffee spill. He frowned, expression apologetic. But he wasn't sure how to respond when she asked what he was thinking about. In truth, he had sort of zoned out. But if there was anyone he didn't feel foolish in front of, it was Allegra. So he sighed and shrugged a little.

"I'm sorry," he told her sincerely. Somehow, the tough, threatening version of him didn't exist when it was just the pair of them. She had always been kind to him, despite the fact that she deserved his job more than he did. And, hell, did he know it. "Sometimes it's so easy for me to just... stop paying attention down here. Everything moves so fast. Is your parchment alright?" Azriel gestured towards the letter she held, concern evident on his face.

^
Allegra Passi
 Posted on: Oct 15 2017, 09:58 PM
PMQuote
Metamorphmagi
Nexus
11 points

No Excuse for Inattention "It's just parchment. I will see if I can clean it off and see what the letter was when I get to my office" Shaking her head in an unconcerned way she glanced at the coffee stained parchment and sighed quietly. Looking back up at the young man she shook her head and smiled. "You probably shouldn't levitate things when you are zoned out. Imagine the scandal if the head of the law enforcement department dropped a liquid on a womans white blouse. Oh we would never hear the end of it"

Teasing him gently she dried the parchment off the best she could and stuck it in her bag for later. "Now have you been sleeping and eating? You look thin as a pole, and your eyes are darker than a raccoons. That does not look healthy Az" Speaking that part quietly so as to not embarrass him, she looked at him with concern in her eyes. She always did worry he would over work himself.

^
Azriel Rousseau
 Posted on: Oct 23 2017, 08:04 AM
PMQuote
Head of the MLE
Avery
11 points

Early is on time. Azriel offered an apologetic frown despite her protests, only to lift his eyebrows in surprise. He hardly minded when someone like Allegra teased him, but his ears turned a bit red anyway. They both knew he was hardly the type, but she made a fair point. "I'll pay more attention next time," he confirmed, feeling oddly like a child despite his rank and reputation at MACUSA.

Of course, she only reinforced that idea as she looked him over and asked the question nobody else seemed brave enough to. Azriel cleared his throat awkwardly, adjusting his tie and trying to stand a little straighter. "Nothing's changed," he told her vaguely. "I'm just as I have been for ages." And that was pretty much true. Since Ben disappeared and Az started learning to deal with his scars and how much he regretted, well, everything... he hadn't been quite the same.

What he needed was to change the subject, freeing him from her fretting. Or, hopefully that would do the trick, anyway. He wasn't very subtle about it, though. "How's everything at home? Kids are well, I hope?"

^
Allegra Passi
 Posted on: Oct 23 2017, 09:38 AM
PMQuote
Metamorphmagi
Nexus
11 points

No Excuse for Inattention Raising an eyebrow at his very obvious change of subject she nodded her head. It probably should concern her how motherly she felt towards her superior, but well.. he was young, and she had more experience, and since she didn't want his job it was her job to make sure this young man succeeded and did it in the healthiest way possible. Or at least that is how she saw it.

"Oh you know, same as always. They are growing up way too fast, making me sad and nostalgic. They are off at school right now. I don't even want to think about what they are doing. Jonathan is fourteen now" With a shake of her head she sighed quietly before she looked back at him and smiled. He should know better than to think she wouldn't continue if she thought he wasn't okay.

"Anyways, you sir, are coming over for dinner. I will cook, you can eat a good meal, relax.I can't make you sleep, but I can make sure you are eating" Motioning to him she smiled and tilted her head to the side. "It's not up for discussion, besides.. the house is too quiet, I need company. You will be doing me a favor"

^
Azriel Rousseau
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 04:53 PM
PMQuote
Head of the MLE
Avery
11 points

Early is on time. It was indeed strange to thing about her boy already turning fourteen, but that brought a slight smile to Azriel's face nonetheless. As Allegra went on, however, his eyebrows lifted at her request. It was really more of a demand, but she was too nice to really mean it that way. So despite really not wanting to do it, he drew in a deep breath and gave a shrug.

"I-- All right. Let me know when and I'll make sure I'm free," he conceded, doing his best to look less out of sorts. He would probably end up feeling better afterwards, anyway, so it was in his best interest to just go ahead and do it.

^
Allegra Passi
 Posted on: Nov 24 2017, 12:07 AM
PMQuote
Metamorphmagi
Nexus
11 points

No Excuse for Inattention Looking at him sadly she sighed and took a step closer her hand resting on his shoulder carefully. "You are putting too much on your shoulders.. and then not taking care of yourself. Let me help you" Speaking quietly she gave him a kind smile. Honestly she could tell that he wasn't taking care just by how he looked and that made her feel worried. She had become quite fond of the younger man.

"So how about you walk me upstairs? Lord knows we are probably going to both be late" Trying not to laugh she adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder as people rushed all around them. Honestly she couldn't care less. She would be happy to stand around and not listen to how her workers had messed up so far that day.

^
Azriel Rousseau
 Posted on: Jan 16 2018, 08:37 PM
PMQuote
Head of the MLE
Avery
11 points

Early is on time. With red ears, Azriel nodded apologetically. She was right. He hadn't been worried about himself for a long time, which he supposed was a good trait in a boss but not so much in a normal, human person. Gesturing towards the lift, he fell into step beside her, and they made their way up to their offices. "Everyone's behaving themselves these days, I hope?" He asked, referring to the law enforcement employees. It was a relief to change the subject, though he knew it would come back to dinner by the time they parted, to ensure a plan was set in stone.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole