g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Max's Birthday Bash, Jack, Noelle, Open
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 03:31 PM
PMQuote
Max - 33 posts - 11 - 4'7" - Halfblood
RealWittyAlias
32 points

Max sat at the kitchen table, filling up goody bags. He wasn't sure how many he would need. He'd told Noelle to invite any of her family members who wanted to come, and he'd heard she had a huge family, so he'd rather be safe than sorry. He had twenty little packs of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, twenty chocolate frogs, twenty Acid Pops, twenty ice mice...

"If some people don't come and there are leftover candies, can I eat them?" he asked Jack as he looked up to check the time. It was already almost noon. People would be here any minute. He shoved handfuls of wrapped toffees into the purple gift bags. "I'll share with Noelle."

That was if Noelle came. Max was ninety nine percent certain she would, but there was always the chance she'd gotten tired of him, or gotten the flu, or moved or gotten arrested or died...

No. Max was not going to have such depressing thoughts on his eleventh birthday. Noelle was alive and well, and she and Max and anybody else who came by were going to eat cake and candy and generally have a grand time. Max started slapping golden bows onto the bags. They looked a little sloppy, but he wanted them to be ready by the time guests arrived.

Max's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 06:00 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

"Well, I don't see why not," Jack replied, leaning over the counter to see what he was including. She'd given him money to buy things while he was out with his nanny, and wasn't particularly surprised by his choices. Not that they needed more sugar, in her opinion, considering the cake and whatever people inevitably bought him. Her own gifts for him were stacked in the living room on the coffee table, but the best one she'd hidden, to give him first after they sang and cut the cake. It was the thing he'd inevitably been looking forward to, and she couldn't wait to see the look on his face when she handed it over. Luckily, he'd been distracted when it was delivered.

Jack was expecting mostly to see Keegan's family, and it made her wonder who he would celebrate with the next year, when he was off at school with Noelle. Surely she wouldn't let his birthday pass without event? Jack may have only been Max's half-sister, and one many, many years older than him at that. But he was the only family she had left, considering her mother didn't really count, so his birthday had become a big deal for her over the past several years.

"I think Noelle would love that," she added, smiling and pushing herself upright as she heard a knock at the door. "Whatever you haven't finished I'll take care of. Why don't you go see who's here?"

^
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 06:50 PM
PMQuote
RealWittyAlias
32 points

Max was already halfway out of the seat when Jack offered to take over for him.

"D'accord-merci-beaucoup," he shouted as he sprinted towards the door. He fumbled with the knob for a couple seconds before he collected himself and calmed down enough to pull the door open.

"Hello, welcome to my birthday party, thank you for coming" he said, the very picture of a polite party host.

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Apr 19 2018, 02:56 PM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Dept. Head: Improper Use of Magic
Avery
107 points

Imogen obviously wasn't going to make @Noelle O'Brien miss her new friend's birthday party -- at least, not now that she knew Jack's apartment was safe. She had no idea what she was actually going to do while there, but that was an entirely different matter, and not the point. Max was turning eleven, and she knew that what she wanted was irrelevant in this case. The lad deserved a nice day, so she had gone out with Noelle earlier to let the girl pick out something for him. And, as she so often did now, Imogen was more than happy to help Noelle dress up (though she obviously didn't go near braids. Those were off-limits where she was concerned, as she didn't want to step on any toes in the O'Brien household).

So when they arrived, she went ahead and knocked so Noelle could keep hold of the gift, and smiled warmly down at the little boy. She half wondered if he'd gotten his manners from Jack, considering her life of playing nice in politics. "Hello, Max," she greeted, her hand waving towards him to encourage Noelle to offer her own greeting and the package.

--------------------
"To this day, she goes out of her way every month or so to run into one of them and make them think about it again. (Okay, so maybe the hat wanted to put her in Slytherin and she said no.)"

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Noelle O'Brien
 Posted on: Apr 19 2018, 09:55 PM
PMQuote
Noelle - 19 posts - 11 - 4'4" - Pureblood
Daddy's Girl
Callie
19 points

user posted image "Joyeux anniversaire!" Noelle squeaked as soon as Max was visible, holding tightly onto the present so she wouldn't accidentally drop it. "Did I say it right? Alex and I have been practicing all day!" She walked into the apartment, pushing the gift on the table before giving Max a tight, excited hug.

Looking over at Jack she smiled up at her. "Hello ma'am! I like your place". It was something she had heard time and time again when people visited her own home. It seemed to make people happy to hear it, and the place truly was nice so what would it hurt.

Noelle's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 20 2018, 06:04 AM
PMQuote
RealWittyAlias
32 points

"You said it perfectly," Max assured Noelle as he smiled at her and Alex. He held the door open until they'd both walked through, then shut it and followed them to the coffee table.

He hugged Noelle back tightly. Then, while she was exchanging pleasantries with Jack, Max ran into the kitchen to get some gift bags for his guests. He grabbed the two with the biggest bows and went back into the living room to hand them to the ladies. Standing beside Noelle, he leaned closer to her and whispered "Jack said we could eat the leftovers too if there are any!"

^
Alexis Osbourne
 Posted on: Apr 23 2018, 07:04 PM
PMQuote
- 257 posts - 32 - -
Dept. Head: Improper Use of Magic
Avery
107 points

Imogen was glad to see that Jack seemed well after the charity event and Keegan's unexpected proposal. The brunette certainly didn't seem unhappy anymore, and was being warm, almost, towards Noelle when she said her thanks. It was almost baffling, really. Imogen had expected to see Keegan there, but she didn't, and decided it was best to just not ask. She didn't know either of them like that, and was pretty sure she didn't want to. Not yet, anyway. So she offered a greeting, but her smile was tight.

For Max, however, it broadened into something real. Imogen reached down to accept the bag, knowing already that she wouldn't be eating any of the included items herself. But she did have three students at Ilvermorny she could send them to. Sure, Aedan didn't seem to like her at all, and Janette definitely still seemed mildly uncertain of her, but Imogen - as Alex or otherwise - couldn't blame them. She wasn't trying to steal anyone's spot, but she did want them to know she was thinking of them and that she cared. And if sweets were the only way she could think of to start, who could blame her? She wasn't exactly known for her relationships with others. So as the kids started talking and Imogen lifted the bag to glance at what Max had chosen, she wondered whether Néall and Savannah would be included in all this, especially considering they'd helped save Jack from her and Max's father.

@Liz for the O'Brien fam reference //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif <3

--------------------
"To this day, she goes out of her way every month or so to run into one of them and make them think about it again. (Okay, so maybe the hat wanted to put her in Slytherin and she said no.)"

The sneaky sneak. [Show]
^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 23 2018, 09:54 PM
PMQuote
Keegan - 192 posts - 21 - 6'0" - Pureblood
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Life may have been a million times easier if Keegan stuck to the whole "not having feelings" thing when it came to women he slept with. Then again it wasn't like he got into relationships with women that lasted more than a single night... Things were definitely different. For starters he was actually in love with a girl- different, yes... but it was actually true. Because of the fact that he cared for her and her little brother, an even stranger fact that he was still wrapping his mind around, he actually cared about making sure the party went off without a hitch.

Which also meant that he was going to get Max the best birthday cake he could find. He actually sat down with his cousin's girlfriend Haylee who seemed extremely eager to be asked.

After carefully making it back to the apartment he actually caught Néall and Savannah outside, giving them a smile. "Ayyye! Glad to see you two made it" he told them, looking from his brother to the door until Néall finally got the idea and opened it for him, rolling his eyes with a smile.

"The cake is here!" Keegan shouted as he walked inside, smiling at Jack and then Max when he saw them... and then trying not to look so surprised when he saw the familiar blonde also standing in the room: Alex. "Look who I found wandering the halls" he added, hoping that everyone would look at his brother and sister-in-law instead of him and his stupid face he couldn't control. He just wandered into the kitchen where Alex couldn't see him and tried to get himself together.

Meanwhile Noelle was taking the bows from the bags and putting one around her hair. "What do you think?" she asked him before turning around and grinning at Savannah as she walked in. "SAVANNAH!" She ran over to the brunette, giving her a big hug. "You made it! I knew you would".

The cake in question but the number is obviously 11 and the pink is blue.

Keegan's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Savannah O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 02:36 AM
PMQuote
- 97 posts - 29 - -
Healer @ St. Ignatius'
Avery
97 points

Savannah could buy a lot of things. She could. But this? She went in with the boys, still a little confused as to why they'd been invited apart from the whole rescue thing. But that was Jack's doing, really, considering she'd called them. But either way, they were at the party, and Keegan and Jack were... happy? Savannah stared openly, taken aback when she watched the older woman approach him to check out the cake, a real smile lighting up Jack's face. Savannah's eyebrows lifted, but just as she was about to glance at Néall, Jack set the cake down and reached for his sides to draw him in for a simple, but lingering, kiss. Savannah couldn't hear it, but she clearly thanked him and leaned in for a peck before she turned around to call Max over to see.

Of course, Savannah was quickly distracted, and so was Imogen. Both women turned as Noelle cried out in surprise, the former amused and the latter immediately concerned. But, oh. Noelle was just excited. Imogen just wasn't aware that they had formed any kind of bond. Except then it hit her: She'd been away. Dropping her chin, she blinked at the floor for a moment. She shook her head, swallowed once, and then was back to normal. She'd always been a bit too fierce for the world she lived in, but since Cormac she'd become more than that, which she knew he both loved and hated at the same time. But she knew she'd earned this hurt, unlike some others, so she chose to push it down until she had a moment alone.

Savannah, on the other hand, beamed at Noelle and crouched down to meet her, half wondering how much longer she'd be able to move so freely. "Hello, you. Look how dressed up you are! So charming," she praised. But then she was gesturing towards Max. "Introduce us, will you?"

^
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 10:31 AM
PMQuote
RealWittyAlias
32 points

Max laughed when Noelle put the big golden bow on her head.

"You're making me feel under dressed," he said. "Should I put on a bow tie?" He was actually thinking of grabbing a bow for himself when he was distracted by Keegan's shout about cake. He ran to meet Keegan near the door, barely registering that more guests had arrived, and trailed along behind him to the table. Max crinkled his nose when Jack kissed the man. Gross. But not gross enough to banish his appetite for cake.

"What kind is it?" He hopped onto a chair and peeked into the box to get a look at the sugary confection. "It looks good! Is it chocolate? Vanilla? Strawberry? It isn't red velvet, is it? Everybody says red velvet is just chocolate with red color, but I don't think that's right."

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 12:10 PM
PMQuote
Keegan - 192 posts - 21 - 6'0" - Pureblood
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Keegan gladly returned the kiss, his arm wrapping around her waist easily. He smiled at max, answering ”It’s strawberry. Heard that was your favorite?”

In the other room Noelle was pulling at her makeshift bow. ”Why, thank you! You look really pretty too!” she looked up at Néall who was watching the three in the kitchen and then over at Alex. Noelle was taking savannah over to meet max, after running and grabbing a bow for him to make a tie of, of course, so Néall took that opportunity to walk over to the blonde.

He could feel the awkward in the air, or maybe it was just him feeling that way after the last time he saw Jack- but he tried to hide behind a forced smile and friendly banter. Néall liked Alex, so at least that was going to be easy. ”Having fun?” he asked, turning to face the rest of the party.

Keegan's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 04:37 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

"Xavier!" Jack chided quietly, wanting to get her point across without embarrassing him in front of the guests. "He went to a lot of trouble, no matter the flavor. I know you know what you're supposed to say when someone does something for you - birthday or not." Her eyebrows lifted, not meanly but rather like more of a request. She still couldn't tell if Max liked Keegan or not, but she wanted it to be true. And she wanted Keegan to think Max did. Jack just wasn't sure if that was right of her or not. While she knew the day had more important things for her to think about - like how this must've been Max's biggest birthday event since coming to live with her, if not ever - she was still so, so not used to having a relationship that she wasn't really sure where to start.

Imogen tried to pull her attention away from Noelle and Savannah, and it was lucky Néall wandered over when he did. She now felt incredibly like an outsider, even though she got the feeling she didn't have a right to. Not that she wasn't used to such things, to be fair, so obviously she could deal with that. She just kind of wished she didn't have to anymore. "Oh, we haven't been here long. I'm mostly just here to bring Noelle, but Max is a great kid, so I figured I'd hang around as well. I'm sort of hoping those two will be able to stick together in school. Merlin knows I could've used someone like that."

^
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 07:26 PM
PMQuote
RealWittyAlias
32 points

Max's cheeks turned pink with shame. Jack was right. Keegan was very nice -even if he did get a little too smoochy with Max's sister for his liking sometimes- and he deserved more. Looking down at his lap, Max said, "I'm sorry, Keegan. Thank you for the cake. Strawberry is my favorite. But I would still like it even if it was red velvet."

The last bit was mostly a lie. He would never like red velvet. But he would have appreciated the effort anyways. He was never again going to insult a cake flavor without knowing if the cake in front of him was that flavor, though. He couldn't imagine how rude he would have felt if the cake had been red velvet. Speaking of rude... Max saw Noelle leading one of the new guests his way, and he realized he hadn't greeted her or the man who had come in with her. This birthday boy was really going to need to step up his hosting skills. He felt that it would be awkward to go intercept them now, plus he didn't want to leave Keegan without hearing if his apology was accepted, so he stood from his chair but remained at the table while he waited for Noelle and the stranger.

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: May 15 2018, 01:33 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

Jack leaned a little more into Keegan's side as Max spoke, proud that he was strong enough not to be so embarrassed he clammed up or refused to show his gratitude. Jack used to be that kid, and she'd wanted him to have an easier time than she had - particularly when making friends and ealing with authority, which Jack had never liked someone else having over her. So she smiled at Max as he stood, her hand dropping to his shoulder fondly. "I can't believe you're already eleven. That's a big birthday," she told him, drawing out the last sentence to imply he had something exciting coming. Of course, they all knew what he was waiting for that day. But only Jack knew it had already arrived.

As she gestured towards Noelle and Savannah, Alex approached to peek at the cake. Jack explained that Haylee had made it, and something funny happened to the blonde's face in response. She'd just been offered the chance to work with Haylee in her bakery, but she hadn't made her decision yet. Clearly Haylee was talented, and Imogen certainly thought her magic was strong enough to override any deficiencies she naturally had. Hmm. She made a mental note to write to Haylee about the offer later that day, and did her best not to be awkward around Keegan in front of the others.

^
Xavier Stasey
 Posted on: May 17 2018, 08:06 AM
PMQuote
RealWittyAlias
32 points

Max nodded excitedly. "The biggest," he said. "I'm almost an adult!"

Yes, there were only six more years until he was all grown up. And only a few months until he started learning magic. Maybe. Hopefully. Max was sure his letter would come soon. He just had to be patient. Not that patience was one of his strong suits.

"Hey, Noelle!" he called. "Did you get your Ilvermorny letter yet?"

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole