g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
New Poll

Floating Through Your Own Mind, Liam
Eleanor Macmillan
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 12:50 AM
PMQuote
- 37 posts - 16 - -
Thunderbird 6th Year
Avery
37 points

Quodpot practice had been cancelled at the last minute, so Eleanor figured Anya was probably busy with plans she'd already made, and Eleanor wasn't sure she wanted to spend another day in the library. Being there was helpful, sure, but she already knew how poorly she was doing in classes. It wasn't that she didn't get the actual magic-casting. She could do that part. But memorization and dates and that sort of thing was endlessly frustrating. And sitting in the library, publicly irritated, was not her idea of fun.

So instead, she gathered a couple of books and wandered through the school, looking for an open classroom. When she found one, she ducked inside, sitting in a random seat towards the front of the room and spreading her things out in front of her. Although she did get a fair amount of work done, it honestly wasn't long before she felt her mind wandering. Quodpot was good for lots of things: exercise, teamwork, making friends, and wearing her out enough that she would be able to focus her attention on work. So as she felt herself getting more and more distracted, Eleanor started humming to herself and doodling rather than actually working, her attention turning towards the window facing the lake. At some point she was certain she heard footsteps in the hall, but attributed that to students wandering around after classes and continued to drift further into her own little world.

@Renny
^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 08:31 AM
PMQuote
Liam - 16 posts - 16 - 6'0 - Pureblood
Ilvermorny
Student; Street Performer
Renny
15 points

Shot through the heart!

user posted image
Liam was never one for studying, it just cramped his style, and his head. So he often paid some Horned Serpent to do it for him, not that his grades were all that great because of it. He still struggled with exams and his wand rebelled against him entirely in Charms. Once they were looking for secret passages via the dissendium spell, he managed to get himself locked in a broom closet for half of it. To make matters worse the Professor thought he was skipping out on class and gave him detention for it, once he was found that is.

In fact the only time he actively looked forward to a classroom was when it was empty and he could use it as a means to practice on his guitar. His love for rhythm and blues knew no bounds, much to the chagrin of his parents.He slipped into a classroom he thought was empty only to close the door and see, Eleanor.

He stood there, like a plumb dumb idiot. Why? Well because he had a crush on her for the past two years, or rather ever since he came to realize girls were a thing. He never had the guts to say anything, at all, ever. Though he occasionally did try. Of course, every time he did words babbled out in a strange tongue.

So here he was heart pounding it's way out of his chest, jaw slightly slackened, and eyes wide, "Ib ood ah eh oh..." What had he just said? Was a hello even in there? Maybe it was some strange dialect of Swahili from a past life?

You transfigured me into a king. You charmed my heart to make it sing. Oh can't you feel the alchemy? Or did you slip a love potion in my drink?
Liam's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Eleanor Macmillan
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 09:06 PM
PMQuote
- 37 posts - 16 - -
Thunderbird 6th Year
Avery
37 points

Ellie was probably known for being a little bit air-headed, and she accepted that to some extent. She liked daydreaming over remembering most of the time, considering the kind of people her parents were. But the school year would be ending soon, mercifully, and she could go back to live with her sister's family. Not that she was excited to go without Arty after his graduation. They had been fairly quiet about their relationship, considering neither particularly cared to go around flaunting things that didn't matter to other people. But it did mean she'd feel a bit lonelier the next year.

When she heard someone speak, Eleanor jumped in her chair and turned around, completely missing what they'd actually said. She tried to play it over in her mind, but it didn't make any sense. So rather than trying to correctly guess and saying something stupid, she instead blinked at him a couple times.

"I--... What?"

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 09:00 AM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

user posted image
"I-...What?" She spoke to him! With a legible word, which was more than he had offered. Wow what a lout he was! What a fool! What a- He held out his guitar, "Guitar." Well it was progress wasn't it? Better than gibberish, and definitely better than silence. He offered her a nervous smile.

Never before had Liam had a crush like this. Sure he had teased and flirted with various girls in the school, but none of them were Eli. Perhaps because everytime Eli passed he'd get this dopey grin and this glazed over look in her eyes. After all she had the graceful gait of a goddess that always seemed accompanied by a nonexistant wind, sort of like now, even though she was standing still, with him, well in the same room. Alright, fine they were in the same room at opposing sides, alone. So what did he do?

Arm extended with the guitar he managed to rip his eyes away from her for but a moment to realize he was still holding it. His smile broadened and he gave a nervous laugh pointing to it. "Guitar," He repeated. Yep, he was doing an a class job here, and if his friends saw him he'd never live this down. Then again she may never let him live this down. The nervous smile returned.

You transfigured me into a king. You charmed my heart to make it sing. Oh can't you feel the alchemy? Or did you slip a love potion in my drink?
^
Eleanor Macmillan
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 12:57 PM
PMQuote
- 37 posts - 16 - -
Thunderbird 6th Year
Avery
37 points

Whenever people spoke to Ellie at school, there were only a few ways things could really go. Either they were teasing her, or asking about quodpot practice, or they were her best friends and therefore talked about real things. Arty was the exception in that he did all of those, but never meanly when it came to the teasing. She sort of knew Liam from around school, but he always seemed sort of thrown off by her, and Eleanor was honestly a little too oblivious when it came to boys. So as wrong as she was, she took his repetition of the obvious as a dig at how simple everyone thought she was. At how poorly she did in classes.

It was a bit of a shame, really. If she’d had a bit more gumption and spirit, she might have gotten annoyed with him for it, however mistaken she may have been. Instead, she turned a bit red in embarrassment and just sort of tilted her head at him. ”Um, right. I— sorry, did you need the room?” She began collecting her things, partly to be polite but also to try and get out of his way if he felt like he wanted to make fun of her. ”I’ll just— Here, you can use it.”

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 08:03 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

user posted image
Go!? "No!" He blurted out. His other hand shot out in front of him, though his guitar was still in the other hand. "I mean..." He began lowering his defense, realizing he may have startled her. "I mean I like people, I mean girls, I mean not saying that girls aren't people, they are, equal people, that is, equal and nice, not saying they couldn't be mean, I mean every right to be, but not that you are, I mean your nice, I mean I think your nice, really nice, as a person who has features that are nice, not that I've given much thought about uhm, I mean mental features, very nice mental features, and" At this point he fought to keep his gaze at eye level though he drank her in with his blue hues like a chilled glass of water on a hot summer afternoon. He swallowed hard, trying to drink in the word vomit that seemed to spew endlessly past his own lips. The only problem with such an act was the lump in his throat that had become quite noticeable. Was it him or was it hot in here?

He shook his head, "Got a favorite song?" Ah yes, music. Now music he knew. Spells he was alright with particularly when it came to blowing things up. Potions he could handle so long as one desired a poison, or for him to blow things up. Herbology and Care of Magical creatures, well no so much as his wand tended to regurgitate and once again blow things up, but music, music didn't blow things up.

^
Eleanor Macmillan
 Posted on: May 15 2018, 01:59 PM
PMQuote
- 37 posts - 16 - -
Thunderbird 6th Year
Avery
37 points

That... was a lot to try and take in. Her eyebrows pulled together slightly as she tried to follow his train of thought, but his whole stream-of-consciousness thing was a little too much for her. Eleanor's mind just didn't work like that. Maybe she was imagining it, but he actually looked a little nervous -- or maybe embarrassed at his wandering attempt at conversation. By the end of it, she realized her mouth had sort of fallen open, so she closed it when she realized she had done it.

His second attempt was much better, considering. She thought about it for a moment, but did find it rather easy. Her sister's husband, Philip, liked to sneak No-Maj records into their home to surprise them when Eleanor came home, as he both understood and respected where they came from. And that was more than they could say for most people. Her cheeks pinked a little as she considered whether or not it was appropriate to mention one of those. People thought her a little odd anyway, though, so may as well. "Do you know Blue Skies? It's kind of new."

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 15 2018, 05:21 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

user posted image
Grinned and without further need put his guitar strap over his shoulder. The nerves washing away as he leaned against his guitar and fingers tangled over the strings til a melody resonated not just with him but the world. "Let's see...let me tune, it will one take a minuet." He grinned, and then began to actually play, "You mean this song?..." He smirked, liking all music, no maj or not laws be damned.

Playfully, digits picked, his eyes no longer on her as he drifted into the music. Foot tapping as he added his own embellishments here and there from what he recalled of the tune. He smiled as he ended the song and looked up to her. "It's fingerpickin good." He said with his trademark lopsided grin. The music had relaxed him, washed away the nerves with good vibrations, and allowed him to be more of himself. "Without music life would b-flat." He said with a bit of a laugh. He had a bad habit of vomiting up bad puns.

^
Eleanor Macmillan
 Posted on: May 16 2018, 05:54 PM
PMQuote
- 37 posts - 16 - -
Thunderbird 6th Year
Avery
37 points

Eleanor didn't actually get the puns at first, unfortunately, but was thrilled to see that he did in fact know the song she referred to. That was wonderful! By the time he reached the last round of the chorus, she found herself humming along as she wasn't quite brave enough to sing in front of someone as talented as Liam. It was then that she managed to register he was making jokes. Not that she knew much about music, of course, but something about the look on his face really helped her figure it out.

A gentle laugh left her lips as she really started to relax into her chair again. "You're really good," she told him, a broad smile curving her mouth. "Where'd you learn?"

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole