g
    l
    e

c
    b
    o
    x

PLOT
    Welcome to Newt's New York! Our story is set ninety years ago, shortly after the events of the first "Fantastic Beasts" movie. War is coming, and it will affect everybody in the city. Maybe the magical New Yorkers will be able to end it!

STAFF

CREDITS
    Skin coded by Liz. Harry Potter and all related materials created by J.K. Rowling. CBox toggle by Nicole.
    News/Updates

- Dec. 25, 2017: Click here for info about January OTMs, a rule change, and the beginning of the war!

- Dec. 1, 2017: Calling all Grindelwald followers! The third message has been delivered! Oh, and Ilvermorny students might want to arrange dates for the Yule Ball, since Americans love their dances.

- Nov. 1, 2017: The Samhain dance party is going on at Ilvermorny! Also, make sure to check out the page header for November's OTM results.

- Oct. 14, 2017: New membergroup available! Get info about the Squib Army here

- Oct. 7, 2017: Low-stress activity check is taking place here. Please take a minute to complete it ASAP!

- Oct. 1, 2017: October OTM Awards are up! click here

- Sep. 28, 2017: The new skin is now available to be tested out! Click here for details.

- Sep. 28, 2017: October OTM voting opens - click here

- Sep. 24, 2017: October OTM nominations open - click here

- Sep. 1, 2017: Site opens!

- Aug. 2, 2017: Site construction begins.

Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store
    We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
    New Poll

"Embrace the past and you can live for now.", Rett
    Justina Ferris
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 07:58 PM

Written by Avery ... time ...

MACUSA
    35 . .

- App - Tracker - Plotter -
    Avery
    5 points

And yet we still wait. Justina may have been the Auror Commissioner and been very proud of the importance of her position. But that didn't mean she didn't still like looking her best. It helped, she supposed, that she still held out a naive hope that one day Barrett would realize that they still had a chance. Waiting for him hadn't been easy. Not that it should've been, if she loved him like she knew she did. This was her punishment for finding someone that meant so much to her. Yet again, she was reminded that falling in love was stupid. That it was designed to be painful, so the hurt was to be expected.

On the other hand, it made her very, very good at her job. So that was kind of good.

She just lived each day with one ideal: Work hard, and make sure he kept her in mind. Someday, he might decide that he was lonely enough to come back to her properly. And sure, she hoped that he loved her like she did him. But there was a small(ish) part of her that didn't care so much. If nothing else, he could trust that she wasn't going anywhere. Not that the opportunity hadn't arisen, of course. But not recently. Anyone with half a brain could see the way her eyes followed him when he walked into a room.

That morning, predictably, Jess was taking her time in the entry hall of MACUSA. Her steps lacked the authority that they commanded on her floor, as she was really just hoping that her walk to the elevator would be interrupted by the arrival of a certain PR speaker. But it couldn't like that, of course. So she held the paper out in front of her and walked even slower than usual, as though she were afraid she would run into someone, when all she wanted was that exact thing.

PM
    ^
    Barrett Hampton
     Posted on: Dec 6 2017, 08:30 AM

Written by Nexus ... Eastern USA time ... SHE

Rett
    MACUSA
    35 . 6'2" . Half-Blood
    N/A

PR Spokesperson
    Nexus
    6 points

The Past is holding me back Being the PR Spokesperson for MACUSA had always been a dream job. Maybe not that position specifically, but being able to help period and using his people skills to do it made everything fit for him. It would have been perfect if he hadn't had to go to war. It put a black spot on his heart, his once pure intentions became darkened by the things he had to do when he was over there. Still the only person he had been able to think of at the time was Justina. She had been the one to pull him through, and he thought when he got back that when he saw her, he would have been able to dive in.. but he couldn't. He felt ashamed. He thought she deserved better than him.

That led to him avoiding them getting together like he had always wanted, and just when he thought maybe she would still want him and he was ready... His parents were killed. They were mugged while on a date night, and he was left alone. His parents had been everything to him. He wasn't annoyed by anything they did really, they had a fantastic relationship and he made sure to see them multiple times a week. Then he got the news that they had been killed and it was like one more light in his life had been ripped away. He had been staying the past week in their house trying to pack everything up so he could decide what to do with it, when he found... it. Adoption papers.

Barrett was usually good at rolling with the punches, and always having an answer to a situation but this, no this was a bit much and he felt like he was falling apart. He didn't know who he really was if he was adopted. Why didn't his biological family want him? Why didn't his parents ever tell him? All of these questions were constantly bombarding his mind and he couldn't get any answers, because his parents were dead. Still he had to work. He had to go into MACUSA and be the man he had always been but he wasn't sure how he would do that.

He walked into the building and it was like everything was speeding around him, and for once in his life Barrett didn't know what to do. He always prided himself on having a plan, knowing what to say, always having something to do. Yet he was just blank. Taking a deep breath he started walking further into the building, feeling like he needed to turn and run away, when he saw her. Justina. It was like his world realigned again. She always had been his stabilizer, but now that he lost his parents it was like it clicked. He didn't have forever to wait, she could be gone tomorrow, and that made his chest feel like it had caved in.

Shaking his head now determined to see her, talk to her, figure out if she was at all interested in him still. He had let this go far too long. Dodging some of the people that had begun to crowd the atrium, he caught up with the beauty of his youth and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Justina, hey.. Sorry.. I didn't startle you did I?" Giving her a weak smile he moved so that she could easily see him, still feeling that fast paced heartbeat he got around her, she made him feel things even through his grief that no one else ever had been able to.

PMEmail
    ^
    Justina Ferris
     Posted on: Dec 9 2017, 01:24 AM

MACUSA
    35 . .

Avery
    5 points

And yet we still wait. Not one to allow herself to be surprised, Jess was so caught up in her head that she couldn't believe how much his touch shocked her. She clutched the newspaper to her chest, halting and staring up at up for a moment before a warm little smile bloomed across her face. It was so easy to behave normally, even casually around him after the decades they had known each other. And yet she somehow still felt nervous -- especially considering that something seemed a little off. A little different. And that was both scary and fascinating.

"Rett," she greeted, completely forgetting to be formal. "I- Well, maybe a little," she admitted, smile finally forming across her face. It was one of those immediate things, her smile around him. Lips curved upward, eyes lit, her body stance relaxed. And yet Jess still felt everything inside of her clench up at the sound of his voice, even the very sight of him. But her head tilted, and her eyes narrowed so slightly it almost didn't happen. "Is.. is everything okay?"

PM
    ^
    Barrett Hampton
     Posted on: Dec 12 2017, 09:56 AM

Rett
    MACUSA
    35 . 6'2" . Half-Blood
    N/A

PR Spokesperson
    Nexus
    6 points

The Past is holding me back That smile.. Every time she smiled he still to this day felt like he had been punched in the gut so he couldn't breathe, and it was never a feeling you got used to. Not that he ever wanted to. She had the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life. It distracted him long enough that it was probably awkward that h e just stared at her for a moment a small smile on his face, which wasn't off putting at all he was sure. He was never as smooth as he intended to be around her.

Snapping out of his daze when she started to talk, he cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Honestly? I don't know.. but.. have you ever just had a moment where.. you realize that everything.. everything you have been doing is worthless, when.. when the most important thing in life isn't there?" Pausing when he realized he said thing instead of person he groaned and shook his head. Yeah that was not going to work. "That came out wrong.. what I meant was.. we both know that, for years there's been this.. this unspoken element between us. It's been back and forth since school and.. it's been one or both of us with our heads in the sand" God this was sounding horrible, why in the hell was she interested in him? If she even still was. Great now he felt like he was going to puke.

"What I am trying to say here is.. do you want to go to dinner.. with me?" Finally getting it out he looked at her, the thoughts racing in his mind causing him to feel more anxious than he should. Why god did he feel like he was being pushed down and into ant form and totally not worthy of her?

PMEmail
    ^
    Justina Ferris
     Posted on: Dec 12 2017, 02:43 PM

MACUSA
    35 . .

Avery
    5 points

And yet we still wait. At first, Justina thought that he was about to tell her he was quitting his job. And for some reason that was horrifying. Her face fell a little, turning to confusion, luckily, rather than distress. But then he brought up the one thing she had started to believe he never would again, so her eyebrows lifted in shock. "I--" she attempted, stopping herself when he continued. And the paper in her hand was definitely crumpled, she realized.

Her hand itched to reach for him when he finally got to his point and his nerves started to show. But she was still worried about him. "Barrett..." Jess tilted her head, knowing what she wanted her answer to be. But he had waited nine. whole. years. How could he suddenly be ready? "You know I'd love to. I just thought... I don't know. I thought maybe things had changed. They haven't?"

PM
    ^
    Barrett Hampton
     Posted on: Jan 7 2018, 04:14 PM

Rett
    MACUSA
    35 . 6'2" . Half-Blood
    N/A

PR Spokesperson
    Nexus
    6 points

The Past is holding me back Well she didn't look as excited as he thought she might have, but still He really needed to get his point across. Looking at her he shook his head. "No it had never changed I have always been interested in being with you.. I just let myself get caught up in my head." Letting out a breath he reached out and took her hand into his, giving her a smile. He wanted her to see that he actually did care about her.

"I am tired of waiting, I think we have waited long enough don't you? I honestly think that we have spent too much time pretending we don't have feelings we do" Looking down at her he gave her a small smile. "Anything could happen here..."

PMEmail
    ^
    Justina Ferris
     Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 03:31 AM

MACUSA
    35 . .

Avery
    5 points

And yet we still wait. "I'm sorry," she sighed, shaking her head. "I know you had your reasons. I didn't want to-- to... I don't know. Make things worse?" Justina looked down at their hands, wondering if, in the event that they did work things out, this would ever feel just... normal. Because just then, it felt like magic. In every sense of the word. "You're right, though. It's a good story and all, but... I'd rather get to the good part," she teased gently, smiling at him. Someone walked by, a little too close, but she didn't notice. "So.. Not that I'm in a rush or anything," Jess lied blatantly, "but, um, when did you want to do that?"
    PM
    ^
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Topic Options
    Add Reply
    New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D