g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Closed
New Poll

Donatelli, Nico, gonna change the post author later
Nico Donatelli
 Posted on: Feb 5 2018, 08:10 PM
PMQuote
- 0 posts - 28 - -
Donatelli Family Diviner
Avery
0 points

Nico Donatelli

28 | magical citzen | justin timberlake

Basic Information
FULL NAME:
Nico Raoul Donatelli

BIRTHDAY:
January 15, 1900

HEIGHT:
5 foot 10

BLOOD STATUS:
Pureblood

MAGICAL STATUS:
Diviner/Seer

WAND:
10 1/3" - Vinewood - Dragon Heartstring - Bendy

EDUCATIONAL HISTORY:
Ilvermorny - Horned Serpent - 1911-1918

MEMBERGROUP:
Magical Citizen

Donatelli family Diviner

Personal History
Quick disclaimer: all references to real historical figures are fictionalized and have little to no reflection on the actual people living at the time.

The Donatelli family started out in California - Los Angeles to be specific. In the 19 aughts, Angelo and his wife Carina were focused on raising their perfect, magical little children. And, of course, on amassing great wealth. While they weren't supposed to interact with No-Majs, according to MACUSA laws, it's very possible that Angelo decided he didn't care when it came time for his eldest daughter to marry. It was certainly not a love match, but he was surprised when she made a risky suggestion: That they merge with the Los Angeles Crime Family, a mafia group that would go on to last even through the next millennium. But as the truth about the Donatellis got out, regarding the whole magic thing, they needed to distance themselves. Nico's eldest sister, Claudia (the one who'd married in), stayed and gave up magic apart from the rogue wandless magic she could do in dire situations. And the rest of them moved to New York on Nico's advice.

He had, after discovering himself at school, become rather good at making predictions. Divination was kind of his thing, and the numbers just spoke to him. So when he came to the conclusion that the New York Stock Market was the thing to invest in - particularly before the huge crash he felt certain was coming up - they decided that Manhattan was ideal. They could send people into MACUSA, Nico could keep an eye on the money, and they could find a few low-key side jobs for family members to get involved in.

But let's back track a bit, shall we? Nico isn't the youngest child, but he may as well be. There were five of them: Claudia, Anthony, Nico, and the twins, Maria and Juana. Claudia married herself off, so to speak, and the twins? They never really liked to do as they were told, and it wasn't all that surprising when they were spectacularly disowned. And that basically made Nico his parents' baby all over again. Anthony and Nico were all their parents really had left, and none of them were eager for the boys to get married. They needed to establish themselves instead. Nico had always been a very well-behaved child, if a little quiet. But he was only quiet because he was more interested in listening. And it's a good thing he was, because eavesdropping led him to all sorts of minor victories, and even a couple of major ones when it came to helping his family increase their wealth and find new avenues for business. That said, he's still confident and strong-willed, despite how he might seem. His family knows just how clever he can be when it comes to appearing non-intrusive while people give themselves away.

In New York, he feels relatively at home. It's a big city, like LA, but more business-oriented as opposed to Hollywood-y. Somehow, he finds that he prefers it that way. So he has settled in and now spends his days figuratively (and literally, sometimes) crunching numbers and keeping an eye on his family's money as an accountant might. Only difference, really, is that his conclusions about their value has a hell of a lot more to do with magic than with money.

Trigger Details and Limits
I generally don't mind if the post lengths don't match, but mine are usually at least 200 words. But that's just an average. It depends on the situation - for example, an action-based scene might not call for internal monologuing or whatever, so keeping it brief totally makes sense to me! My previous sites did not allow for a great deal of language or sexual content, so I am a master of the fade-to-black, but it isn't like I'm wholly opposed to anything more graphic. Just gonna admit up front that I'm probably kind of crappy at doing it. Hah. Also, my only serious trigger is drowning or suffocation. Nearly drowned as a child and I haven't really gotten over it. I can't watch movies that include those things or even read particularly descriptive scenes. Doesn't mean people shouldn't do it, but know that I'll probably skip over those parts if I'm reading.

avery | est | she/her

^
Liz
 Posted on: Feb 11 2018, 04:50 PM
PMQuote
Lizzz - 512 posts - 431 - 5'6" - No-Maj
Newt's New York
Admin Supreme
Liz
7 points

APPROVED

Welcome, Nico Donatelli! You're approved and ready to start playing at Newt's New York! First you should hit up the Claims Forum, but where you go after that is entirely up to you!

--------------------
LIZ
ADMIN SUPREME
ASK ME ALL OF THE THINGS!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
Lizzz's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole