g
    l
    e

c
    b
    o
    x

PLOT
    Welcome to Newt's New York! Our story is set ninety years ago, shortly after the events of the first "Fantastic Beasts" movie. War is coming, and it will affect everybody in the city. Maybe the magical New Yorkers will be able to end it!

STAFF

CREDITS
    Skin coded by Liz. Harry Potter and all related materials created by J.K. Rowling. CBox toggle by Nicole.
    News/Updates

- Dec. 25, 2017: Click here for info about January OTMs, a rule change, and the beginning of the war!

- Dec. 1, 2017: Calling all Grindelwald followers! The third message has been delivered! Oh, and Ilvermorny students might want to arrange dates for the Yule Ball, since Americans love their dances.

- Nov. 1, 2017: The Samhain dance party is going on at Ilvermorny! Also, make sure to check out the page header for November's OTM results.

- Oct. 14, 2017: New membergroup available! Get info about the Squib Army here

- Oct. 7, 2017: Low-stress activity check is taking place here. Please take a minute to complete it ASAP!

- Oct. 1, 2017: October OTM Awards are up! click here

- Sep. 28, 2017: The new skin is now available to be tested out! Click here for details.

- Sep. 28, 2017: October OTM voting opens - click here

- Sep. 24, 2017: October OTM nominations open - click here

- Sep. 1, 2017: Site opens!

- Aug. 2, 2017: Site construction begins.

Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store
    We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
    New Poll

The Weekend is for Relaxation, Tina
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Sep 11 2017, 02:02 AM

Written by Liz ... mountain time ... she

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
    - App - Tracker - Plotter -
    Newscaster & Interview Show Host
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Tina worked too hard.

Well, it wasn't like Doug didn't work hard, too. That wasn't what mattered. Tina worked too hard and stressed herself out over it. She took things so seriously. She held herself to impossibly high standards. When you have a friend like that, how can you resist just making her dinner and forcing her to sit down and relax for a bit?

Doug hummed happily as he got things together for Tina's visit. He was in his element; hosting, cooking, fine wine, and intelligent conversation were exactly the things he liked best. His tiny house in Wanderlust, where WWN was based, was cozy, clean, and packed floor to ceiling with books.

He took another few sips of wine, finished up the salad and covered it, then did a fun little dancing spin on his way over to the stove. There was a reason the world tended to like Doug so much: He liked it. Or, at least, he faked it really well.

@Avery

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    News broadcaster and host on WWN
    His voice is widely recognizable
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Sep 18 2017, 02:53 AM

Written by Avery ... time ...

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. Doug was one of Tina's favorite people, besides Queenie and... other people. But he could get really parent-y sometimes, and that was difficult for her to deal with. She and her sister had lost theirs so early on and dealt with such disappointing guardians and parental figures that she just wished people would let her do as she pleased, so they could just be great friends.

Doug wanted to do this, though, so she wasn't going to fight him on it. After all, Queenie was a brilliant cook, and always knew the exact thing that Tina wanted. Somehow, it would almost be nice to get away from that penetrating knowledge and mind reading, to instead see what someone she felt she knew relatively well thought she might like. She swallowed up the memory of the evening she had spent with Newt and his creatures, deciding that no, actually, it wasn't relevant to this. Just because she couldn't stop thinking about it, that didn't mean that it should actually be able to eat up her time like that. It simply wasn't fair.

With a self-depricating eye roll and groan, she collected her wand an apparated into Doug's flat in Wanderlust with a crack. He looked brilliantly happy and suave as ever, and for a moment she wished she could be as simply confident as he was. And being able to dress as well as he could might be nice. She'd stopped caring long ago, choosing practicality over looks. So long ago, in fact, that even Queenie seemed to have given up trying to change her. Another memory - of a dress, a bow tie, a shared look and a speakeasy - slipped into her mind unbidden, so she shook her head a little, stepping into the kitchen to see what he was up to.

"Good day?" She asked, passing him a warm smile.

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,
    MACUSA AUROR; LIVES IN NYC WITH QUEENIE,
    MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE A CRUSH (DON'T ASK),
    26, 5'7" & A LITTLE PLAIN.

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Sep 29 2017, 09:30 PM

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Doug grinned. Yes, perhaps he'd gotten something of an upsetting letter earlier, but he simply wasn't going to think about it. He'd closed it up and hidden it away and gotten down to the very important business of drinking wine. It wasn't like he could go talking about his creepy love letter from a man, so why ruminate on it? Over the years, he'd become fairly proficient at putting away heavy feelings like that.

"Wonderful day!" he replied, approaching his friend with a glass of wine and passing it to her as he kissed her cheek. "I got to meet Mandy Randford, the singer? She's very funny, as it turns out! How are you?" Twirling his wand in a little circle over his shoulder, he guided the spoon stirring the pot of meat sauce.

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Oct 2 2017, 01:17 AM

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. Her hand reached out automatically, even though she was sure Doug knew her opinions on drinking. She would do it while out at a booking if it helped her keep her cover long enough to do what she'd gone there for. But she supposed that one glass wouldn't hurt - particularly when she was with someone she trusted and who clearly meant well. So she smiled at his kiss, weirdly relieved to be away from home and from work for a time.

Tina prepared to say how she imagined his meeting Mandy must have been really interesting, but just as her mouth opened, he asked about how things were and she hesitated. She didn't want to put a damper on his day, though some part of her wanted to tell him everything she had purposefully hid from Queenie. So she went for something in the middle.

"Oh, you know me. Things are always a little crazy. But that does sound like fun, though," she returned with an attempted smile.

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Oct 12 2017, 05:07 AM

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Somewhere in his head, Doug knew that Tina wasn't a drinker. He just didn't think of it, though. He was, to be honest, a pretty frequent and heavy drinker. Take a boy from a sheep farm and drop him in the big city and he might develop certain cosmopolitan habits that were less than ideal. On the bright side, he only ever drank at night.

But, while he was a little oblivious to the concept that other people didn't drink most nights, or even at all, he was pretty perceptive when it came to tone of voice and subtext. "Oh? Good crazy or bad crazy?"

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Oct 12 2017, 05:27 AM

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. Alright, so her evasion hadn't worked. Tina wasn't sure that she had expected it to, though. After all of the talking she'd somehow allowed herself to do the day Newt returned, she had hoped to keep this mostly about Doug. Too much of herself had been put on display on that street and in that case, and although she sort of felt good about it, being so open with someone innately felt wrong. The only saving grace of the matter was that she was quite fond of Newt, in a way she hadn't ever really been with anybody else. And she couldn't even begin to explain it.

"Both?" She said after a slightly frustrated frown and a sigh. Tina leaned against one of the kitchen counters, trying to look as strong as she told herself she was. "It's... possible that --" She stopped, trying to find the words. In the end, she just started over.

"I'd been waiting for a... friend to visit me, and I was starting to think that he wouldn't. But then I ran into him, and it was all very, very complicated. I'm still not sure if I expected anything else, though. Things are almost always unusual when he's involved."

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Oct 13 2017, 10:34 PM

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Doug was also somewhere in the realm of hoping to focus the conversation on somebody else. He'd been a bit preoccupied, what with the letters and their increasingly creepy content. Sure, he hadn't known how break-ups were supposed to work, but he was fairly certain that they weren't meant to involve extended delusion on the part of the dumpee. Wasn't the dumpee supposed to just rebound and get laid?

The sauce was smelling good and just needed to simmer a bit more, so he turned away from it, picked up his wine glass, and leaned back against the counter to listen. "A friend, huh? Did it turn out that he's mad at you or something?"

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Nov 16 2017, 11:47 PM

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. Tina shook her head fervently at his question. "No, he wasn't mad. I guess we just... We both were operating under false assumptions and it kept messing things up." A brief pause later, after passing him a look that suggested she had infinitely more to say, she caved. "Remember Newt Scamander? I thought he was..." fantastic- "wonderful, and he said he would bring me a copy of his book when it was published. And it was a good ten months before I ran into him on a street near MACUSA. And he- he'd been here for almost two weeks, but he'd named his book after a sort-of joke I made and signed mine and.. it was really sweet. But I was so mad."

She sighed heavily, setting down her drink to lean both arms on the counter next to him, staring down at the surface. "He brought his case of creatures over to me and Queenie's place and he still had this portrait of this woman he used to love. And I thought that maybe he'd avoided me on purpose. But he said he hadn't. And he- he ... kissed me. And I told him I liked him and he said he liked me too and. I mean. I don't know!" A little whine of frustration that was very unlike her met the air as she turned, crossing her arms and standing next to him looking thoroughly put out. "It's so confusing. Turns out we are both utterly terrible with feelings. I tried to be brave and tell him but I can't figure out if anything is really different now."

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Dec 2 2017, 08:16 PM

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Doug's eyes widened and he nodded fervently as he listened, trying to draw a bead on exactly what was going on between the lines of Newt's weird behavior. "OK, well, first of all," he pointed out, "there was kissing. So, yes, things are different now." He grinned, took a sip of wine, then made a thoughtful little humming noise as he considered it some more. "So he's being cute about the book... but shady about being in town... and there's kissing... but a picture of an old flame.... Was it really serious with this woman?"

@Avery

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Dec 2 2017, 11:56 PM

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. She knew better than to think that he was mocking her, but the smile on his face was a little irksome. Just because she hadn't done anything before, that seemed to automatically mean she would come off as stupid. Naïve as well, of course, which she understood. But why was this so hard? Because it was Newt? Or maybe everybody felt like this at some point.

Still, she repressed her frustration so it wasn't wrongfully directed at Doug and shook her head. "No, not.. I mean, not technically. He loved her and she betrayed him. But I mean, back in school. And I don't know for sure, but I think he's older than me. So at least a decade ago, and he's still upset about it. Pining, maybe. So it's just-- How can anyone live up to that? Until the other night, I had never even kissed anybody before. So surely, I mean..."

Tina sighed heavily, forcing herself to stand up straight. She was an Auror, damnit. She was better than this. And he'd told her he liked her. Not that it made anything official but still! "Ugh. What's the point, really?" She griped, turning around so her hips leaned back against the counter alongside him. Tina dropped her head against his shoulder with a fully disgruntled look on her face. "There's no use in all this fretting when we're both absolutely awful at saying what we mean. There isn't a chance it'll go anywhere soon anyway."

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    Douglas Warren
     Posted on: Jan 3 2018, 04:02 AM

Doug
    Magical Citizens
    34 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born
    Liz
    0 points

Have a little fun sometimes! Doug actually didn't have much experience, either, but he was pretty good at reading people generally, and he liked to think he was good at figuring out situations like this. Or, at least, he was willing to listen and try, and that was something. "Mmm," he hummed thoughtfully, leaning his head over to rest against hers when he felt the comfortable weight on his shoulder. "I guess you might need to ask about the picture flat-out. Maybe he'll be better at answering straightforward if you ask the question straightforward. Regardless, this is exciting! You'll have to let me live vicariously through you." Because he'd briefly been with a man, and then the goddamn mob had blackmailed him with the information, so now Doug was just going to live his life pretending he was simply a monk or something. No desire for intimate relationships at all. Nope.

@Avery

--------------------
    Doug Warren
    5'7" and pudgy
    PM
    ^
    Tina Goldstein
     Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 03:14 AM

MACUSA
    26 . .

Avery
    119 points

Excuse me? I can be fun. Sometimes. ”I… I sort of thought I did,” she said, disappointed in herself. Why was it so hard to just talk to him? Thank goodness Stellis hadn’t been genuinely interested in her back then. She wouldn’t have known what to do, apparently.

Still, she laughed a little at his encouragement. ”Well, if I ever start doing anything worth envying, I’ll let you know. Newt has bigger things to worry about than whether or not I’m interested in him. Besides, nothing about my time with him has been conventional. I doubt he’ll just turn around and ask me to dinner or anything. You, on the other hand…” Tina lifted her head, smiling at him. Doug really was one of the best people she knew, and he had gone out of her way for him. ”With how you cook, you won’t have an ounce of trouble getting somebody’s attention.”

--------------------
    TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
    PM
    ^
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Topic Options
    Add Reply
    New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D