g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The creative process, Liam
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 4 2018, 06:01 PM
PMQuote
Hazel - 18 posts - 15 - 4'9" - Pureblood
Thunderbird
Student/Apprentice Potion Brewer
RealWittyAlias
16 points

Hazel kicked her shoes off and curled her toes up in the grass. She leaned back against the big oak tree she was sitting under, the bark scratching against her back through her summer robes. She tapped her journal with her pen and turned to face the boy beside her.

"Well, this is exciting," she chirped. "I've never written a song before. Is it very much harder than writing a poem?"

@Liam Atmore

Hazel's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 4 2018, 06:39 PM
PMQuote
Liam - 16 posts - 16 - 6'0 - Pureblood
Ilvermorny
Student; Street Performer
Renny
15 points

Tweedle Dee Strum Two Three...

user posted image
Liam chewed on a twig that stayed perched between his lips as he leaned against the side of the tree as well, one foot grounding him the other one propped up against the trunk. He tuned his guitar as he spoke, "Well real simple little missy, who I found east of the Mississipi, with a world of thoughts off and whirling, thanks to a passion for all that learning." He smirked and nodded to her, "Now you try." He began playing a few simple chords that blended well together humming along, "Start a rhyme with your favorite animal?" He offered.

You transfigured me into a king. You charmed my heart to make it sing. Oh can't you feel the alchemy? Or did you slip a love potion in my drink?
Liam's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 4 2018, 09:28 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

"Oh! I can do that!" Hazel thought for a moment, trying to decide what animal to go with. How could she pick a favorite of earth's majestic creatures? After a minute she picked one at random, not wanting to keep Liam waiting for too long. "I saw a phoenix reborn today; it didn't cease to amaze. But I got to close to the spectacle and set my eyebrows ablaze."

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 09:27 AM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

Rising from the ashes please set me free...

user posted image
"Flames had it made, ash once it's grave, Oh I saw a Phoenix reborn and it never ceased to amaze, oh oh ohhh, mmm mmm mmmmm. Set my eyesbrow ablaze.Yeah yeah yeah!" He sang adding onto her words, and bringing her melody into the world as he strummed his guitar. He appeared to really be getting into it shoulders grooving, eyes closed, really feeling the music. It was true rhythm and blues it was soul.

He paused in his playing and grinned, "You got talent, write much?" He said with a grin, "Ever thought of playing an instrument?" He stayed leaning against the tree playing a bit with the little diddy he came up with about the Phoenix. "Ok does this sound better or this?" He played each version the first was soft and slow with taps, the second was a bit harder and a lot more lively. Then looked to her for her honest opinion.

You transfigured me into a king. You charmed my heart to make it sing. Oh can't you feel the alchemy? Or did you slip a love potion in my drink?
^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 01:27 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

Hazel listened raptly to Liam's additions to her little rhyme. He made it look so easy, taking a few words and weaving them into a song, melody and all. It was like a type of magic, really.

"I hardly do anything but write!" Hazel told Liam with a laugh when he complimented her. "Mostly poems, though. I'm not sure I really have a knack for music. I tried to learn the violin when I was younger, but my father said it hurt his ears worse than my Mermish lessons."

Her back slid down the tree and she stretched herself out on the ground, humming and staring at the foliage while she listened to the two different versions of the song's tune. They both sounded good. After a minute of intense deliberation, she said, "The second one, I think. You can really dance to it. And it's fiery, like a phoenix!"

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 06:44 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

Mer-EEEK!

user posted image
He paused for a moment and then went over the quicker notes a few times slowly to make sure his fingers didn't get tangled among the strings or lost along the frets. "Alright, alright think I get what your sayin, and that's applesauce, I never would have put the fast pace with the firey desire together like that. So after school do you plan on writing professionally?"

As he listened he fumbled about on the strings, teasing them into an old nursery rhyme just as a mere exercise, it took no thought, but it allowed him to keep moving. Alsways moving. "Merish, oo yeah, I don't know why anyone would willingly let their kid learn that, might as well have a banshee wailing in your house all the live long day...can't you hear the whistle blowing?" He said jumping into a tune. His mind was all over the place, and though it make him quick on it feet, it made him horrible in regards to his lessons.

^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 07:35 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

"Most of my family just bought ear plugs." Hazel sighed wistfully. "A shame. Mermish is really an interesting language when you get used to it, you know. They have such lovely metaphors. Oh! We should try to incorporate Mermish into a song some time! But I didn't answer your question, did I? I am planning to write professionally, but I can't devote all my time to it... my family needs me to help at the potions shop."

Hazel rolled over onto her belly and started plucking dandelions to tie into a crown.

"What about you, Liam? Are you going to be a professional musician? You're very good."

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 08:07 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

Hold up!

user posted image
Liam blinked a few times as he tried to catch what she was saying and then shook his head, "Please tell me you mean how they sound underwater, course then we might drown, but why not. That's what art is for right? Drown your passions or drown away your sorrows or something like that and starving?" He didn't like how this was sounding. "Maybe we can do their metaphors in English?"

He licked his lips that were drying out on the cool spring air and brushed his hair back, "Good you should pursue what you love, and that's the plan in general though me Dad has other ideas. He thinks I should follow in his footsteps and waist away behind a desk eking out a living in a twisted tongue filled with lies, slander, and anything but the poetic ties of true soul. He's all washed up though, got no rhythm, of course my mom supports him in everything. So loosing battle there, but it's my life you know? Anyway i'm hoping to be able to perform a few at next years Samhain."

^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 04:21 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

"I hope you do!" Hazel said. "I'm sure it would be a lively dance with you playing the music. Your parents will come around, too. Surely once they realize how much this means to you, and how talented you are, they'll see that holding you back is like wearing an electric eel for a scarf: painful and stupid."

It probably sounded like an empty platitude, but Hazel honestly thought it was true. She couldn't imagine anybody's parents refusing to let them do what they love. Sure, her own family had made it clear that she'd be dead to them if she didn't work for the potions shop when she grew up... but they at least allowed, even encouraged, her to write her poetry on the side.

She tossed her half-finished dandelion crown to the side and sat back up again, leaning against the tree and face tilted up to look at Liam.

"Your father is a lawyer, isn't he? Have you tried giving him an argument about why you should be a musician? I mean a really thorough one, with a thesis and a briefcase. If anybody could appreciate that, it'll be a lawyer. One of your songs could be Exhibit A, and I could be a witness for the defense. Or for the prosecution. Whichever one you'd count as."

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 08:19 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

Order in the court!

user posted image
Liam's foul mood slowed down, stopped, and hammer timed into reverse. He gave a nod, "Hazel that's brilliant! I mean what better way to prove my point than to beat him at his own game!" He went to set down his guitar and sit beside her, but then paused, "Wait what about all that law jargon, I mean do you really think I can prove him otherwise?" The second hope came, doubt tailed it. "W-would you be willing to help me write my arguement? I mean obviously I should be a musician because I'm good at it, but that won't fly in his eyes i need like, proof that I can pay taxes!" Alright so Liam wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he had a big heart, and a generally sunny disposition, didn't that count for something?

^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 08:53 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

Lawyering Up Hazel nodded, beaming at Liam.

"Of course I'll help. I've never participated in a legal-type argument before, but I'm sure the library has some books on the topic. We'll brush up on our debate skills, and I can ask Mother to send me my smart business-robes... of course, we'll have to do our research and find out how much money you're likely to make..." With a little laugh, she added, "I only hope you don't argue so well that your father decides you were destined to be a lawyer after all!"

Swept away by her own enthusiasm and completely convinced that two teenagers could out-debate a professional lawyer, Hazel was already imagining the outcome of the "trial". Mr. Atmore (Esq.) would recognize his son's talents... the two would probably share a loving, tearful hug... Liam would go on to be one of the most famous musicians of his time... it would be a perfect happy ending. There was absolutely no way this plan could fail. No. Possible. Way.

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 09:12 AM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

Order in the...wait what?

user posted image
Liam nodded with enthusiasm, "Yeah! Yeah!" This was all sounding so great, until she mentioned two words, "Library?" He sounded a might bit discouraged, "Research?" Alright so he wasn't quite his father's son in any sense of the phrase of endearment. After all his grades were, 'Barely Passing.' The library was a, 'fictitious figment,' And research was the act of searching once more for the homework he had copied from his buddy Sean. His head was already beginning to spin at the notion of actually having to put forth so much effort into something that wasn't really cool spells or music.

His face having become a bit scrunched up, he couldn't help but eventually laugh, "Yeah right, like that will ever happen." In protest to him being a good arguer against his Dad. "Hey uhm, why don't i just hire you as my attorney?" Of course he would try and find a way to cop out of book work. His Professors once told him that if he put as much work into his actual school work as he did trying to avoid it, he may actually make a decent grade.

^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 12:38 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

Hazel mulled the idea over. Like she'd told Liam, she'd never been a lawyer before. But if he knew that and was willing to hire her anyways, then it wasn't as though she was cheating him or anything. And it would be so exciting. A lot of extra work, but exciting.

"Alright," she decided. "I'll be your lawyer. You can pay me by writing a song for me. And I can only be a part-time laywer, because I've got school and my own writing and over the summer I'll be working at the potion shop a lot. And if I get a chance to interview any musicians, you're coming with me. They might have some wise life advice for you, or at least wise career advice."

^
Liam Atmore
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 08:09 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Renny
15 points

You've got a friend in me.

user posted image

Liam gave a bit of his trademark lopsided grin. "A song it is, and you've got a deal." Not only had he dodged a metaphorical whizzing firecracker, but he had put himself in a position to expand his connections, and all he had to do was a write a song! He could do that, "I'll have a song for you in a week's time." He stated rather sure of his capabilities. As he spat in his hand and put it out to her. After all that was how deals were made when contracts weren't about right? He waited for her to shake on it.

^
Hazel Bao
 Posted on: May 14 2018, 05:22 PM
PMQuote
Thunderbird
RealWittyAlias
16 points

Hazel spat in her own hand and reached out to shake Liam's. The bargain made, she wiped her spitty palm on her robes and then abruptly leapt to her feet.

"I'm going swimming in the lake," she said. "The cool water will help my brain work better. And then I shall commence research for your case. You're going to have to tell me all about your father, you know, so I can figure out how best to phrase my arguments against him. Can you talk and wade at the same time, or shall we speak later?"

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole