g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

[null] Bad Days, Sophia
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 06:18 PM
PMQuote
Nate - 37 posts - 15 - 5'7" - Halfblood
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Today was not a good day for Nate. He was weak, shaky, feverish, and constantly cold. He'd skipped classes to stay in bed, but he'd had Armand help him to the healer to get a potion for the cold he got from being outside with Sophia for too long. He'd taken the cold remedy but was still feeling the effects from needing it, plus it combined badly with his potions for the cancer.

He was currently reclining in bed, clammy with sweat as he tried to read from the charms textbook, his hands shaking as he held it. He'd tried to get up earlier to go to the dining hall for lunch, but he'd barely made it two steps before he had to grab onto his nightstand and crawl back into bed. Food was unappetizing anyways, so he'd just have pushed it around his plate, but he wanted to see his friends, to see Sophia. He hated this. Nate closed the textbook and tossed it as hard as he could, the book landing at the end of the bed, Nate unable to throw it any harder. He groaned and lay back in the bed and closed his eyes.

Nate's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 06:31 PM
PMQuote
Soph - 30 posts - 15 - 5'5" - Halfblood
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Sophia was worried when Nate didn’t meet her at their usual spot or even show up for classes. When she heard that he was in the hospital wing she ran there, only to have just missed him. She hated it, being in different houses. After thinking for a moment she stood outside the entrance to the Wampus dormitory and convinced someone to let her in.

Upon entering Sophia saw Armand who was a tad confused, but quickly agreed to helping her get up to the room where Nate was. Armand seemed worried, which only terrified Sophia more, and when she saw Nate throwing a book, she understood why. Quickly, and acting as if she wasn’t losing her mind, she stepped over to his bed and took out the container of soup she had saved for him, heating it up with a spell. ”Hi” she said simply with a sad smile as she took his hand. He was so cold and clammy, but she managed to keep her fear in check.

Soph's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 06:41 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate was ready to turn away from the door so no one else could see him so frustrated when he saw Sophia. He turned back to her, curious, and smiled weakly when she pulled out soup and reheated it. He'd try to eat some for her, but he also expected it to taste like nothing, the way most food did on his bad days.

"Hi. How... How did you get in?" It took him a moment, but he'd realized that this was the Wampus dorm. And she wasn't in Wampus. Warmth bloomed in his chest at the thought of her determinedly gaining access to his dorms to see him and placed his other hand on top of hers where she held his. He already felt marginally better just for seeing her here.

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 07:26 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Sophia rest her shin in the side of Nate's bed as she looked at him, taking in the sweat and the shakiness in his hands. It made her want to cry, but she could be stronger than that-she needed to be. "Oh, I can be pretty persuasive when I want to" she told him as if it was the most simple thing in the world.

After giving Nate's hand a squeeze she stood up and got the soup, handing it over to him with a spoon. "Are you hungry?" she asked him, biting her lip as she really hoped that he ate something. He was already so worryingly thin. After he took the soup she managed to take one of the cloths and run it under some cold water. She was more than willing to take care of him, no matter what it took.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 07:46 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate could attest to her persuasiveness first hand. She could get him to do anything with just a look, but maybe that was also because he liked her so much. He pushed that thought away and took the soup she handed him. "Well, I'm glad you're here. I missed you today." He purposely didn't answer the question about whether he was hungry because he wasn't and he knew that would just worry her.

He took the soup from her and tried to lift the spoon to his mouth, half the soup spilling off back into the bowl before he could get it to his mouth. He kept trying, though, and soon he could get most of the soup on the spoon to his mouth by ignoring the tremors. Once he'd forced down about a third of the soup, he reached over and set it on the bedside table, leaning back again, exhausted from the effort to sit up. He smiled at Sophia and asked, "Tell me about today?"

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 08:35 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Seeing Nate struggle brought a sadness to Sophia that she had never experienced before. She sat down on the bed next to him, pressing softly on his shoulder to get him to lay down. "My day was kind of boring." she started, pressing the damp cold cloth to his forehead lightly and using another to press gently down his face and around his neck. "Oh! Suzanne Masterkindly swore up and down that she could turn her cat purple. Turns out it was a spell to make it a water goblet. When the Professor turned it back, it just clawed at her and hissed before walking off". She laughed a little, her eyes focused on where she was placing the cloth.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 08:46 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate closed his eyes, scooting down in the bed to lay down and smiled softly, listening to Sophia's stories and enjoying the sound of her talking. He could lay here all day and listen to the sweet sound of her voice. It was upbeat, happy, inspirational. It made him want to be better just so she never had to sound anything less than happy.

He laughed faintly at her story. "Suzanne is always trying things on her cat. I bet it just got fed up." He laughed again before coughing a few times and picking up his wand to summon the glass of water from the other side of his soup, afraid if he reached around it, he'd knock the soup over. After taking a drink, he levitated it back carefully to where it was before putting his wand back under his pillow wearily. "Anything else happen today?"

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 09:17 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Sophie laughed along with Nate, watching carefully as he moved the water. She stood up so that she could place the soup further back on his nightstand, still within reach but not in the way of anything he needed. After placing the rag in her hand under the water once more and wringing it out before replacing it with the one on his forehead.

"I'm surprised the cat hasn't ran into the woods yet" she joked, laying down on the bed next o him, shoulder to shoulder. "In Divination we learned how to read tea leaves! That was fun. Apparently, I'm going to be lucky in love".. and then she blushed, realizing what she had said to whom.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 09:21 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image The cold rag on his forehead felt nice, like just what he'd needed. It was something he would have never thought to do on his own. She was always so thoughtful and he really liked that about her. He liked a lot of things about her.

Divination was a class he had decided not to take, but he liked hearing about it from Sophia. He smiled at her and laughed softly when she said she'd be lucky in love. "Well, I hope that means I will be too."

She was so beautiful, and so kind and caring. He wanted to kiss her but didn't have the energy to push himself up to do it. He got himself at least to his elbow and looked over at her, asking a favor of her, "I really want to kiss you but I can't. Will you kiss me?" He leaned back against the pillows on his bed and smiled at her.

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 09:46 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image "Let's see if I can do it" Sophia said, reaching for her bag to see if she had a tea cup. When she turned back, she looked up at Nate, blushing slightly as she brushed some hair behind her ears. "Okay." she said nervously, but with a grin.

Placing her bag down by her feet, Sophia sat up and shifted her legs underneath her body so that she was kneeling next to him. She reached up for the rag on his head, taking it off and sliding it down the side of his face before she leaned in and placed her lips on his gently.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 09:51 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate loved the way Sophia kissed, hesitantly but with all of herself in it. It was a weird contradiction in each of her kisses, but it was so perfectly her, it just made sense. He could spend hours kissing her and one day, he hoped he'd get the chance. For now, he settled on kissing her back, one hand raising slightly to rest on her arm.

Pulling back after a moment, he asked, "Will you lay with me? I'd like you to stay for as long as you can." The boys in the dorm would leave them alone mostly because they felt pity for Nate and he was not ashamed to use that pity to spend time with Sophia.

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 10:26 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Nate's lips were somewhat different than they were the last time that they had kissed. They still had that same soft and shocking touch to them, but they were weak. She almost felt afraid that she would hurt him in some way or even push him further than he'd be able to.

Nate's request made Sophia grin and blush a bit, adjusting once more so that she could rest her head on his chest, getting under the blankets so that she could snuggle up to him a lot better. "You're getting me to break all the rules this week" she joked, poking his chest lightly before setting her hand down on his.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 01:35 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate loved Sophia's kisses. Her soft lips covered his in a way that felt right and he wished he could be the one kissing her instead, kissing her all the time. But the damned cancer made it hard for him to even sit up in bed and when she crawled in with him, he felt like he could ignore the cancer for a bit.

Scooting over a little in the bed to give her more room, he smiled, one hand absently reaching up to stroke through her hair and the other holding onto her hand. "What's the fun in following all the rules?" He asked. It's not like they broke the rules all the time, but every once in a while, he liked to have a little fun with them. He'd pulled a prank or two before, usually on other classmates. He wasn't nearly brave enough to pull a prank on a professor.

^
Sophia Warner
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 02:27 PM
PMQuote
5th Year | Prefect
Aspiring Healer
Callie
29 points

I’m here user posted image Sophia was grinning madly as she nuzzled her face into Nate’s chest. ”It IS more fun” she agreed, her eyes closing as she listened to the beat of his heart. ”Is this going to get worse?” she asked seriously, something she had wanted to ask for a while but wasn’t sure how.

^
Nathan Gallagher
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 04:18 PM
PMQuote
Ilvermorny
Student
Heather
36 points

user posted image Nate looked down at Sophia and let his hand continue running through her hair. He didn't want to answer her question. The healers had explained all the possible side effects and how they would make his body react and so far, these were mildly inconvenient side effects. They could (and probably would) get worse.

He placed a kiss on the top of her head and said, "I don't know. It could. The healer said I could bleed really easily or I could cough so hard, I lose my stomach or any number of things." He paused to think before he continued, outlining the possible complications and why they were a good thing, something he was trying to remind himself of as he was dealing with them. 'It was a good thing,' he'd think to himself. 'It means it's working.' Didn't make the complications suck any less, though.

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole