g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The End of the World as We Know it., Keegan
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 04:11 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

This-- I-- WHAT?? NO! Since Keegan's interview, Jack had been told she needed to expand the department, and in order to do so she had brought on another research assistant and a few interns. While it hadn't actually been intentional, there were three young men that she delegated to now, along with a couple of women, and no matter how evenly she tried to distribute the work, those men were forced to answer to her for stupid things sometimes. If she hadn't already been power-hungry, this certainly would've ensured it. So she was ready to tell them that somebody needed to get her lunch when the door opened.

She lifted her head from her paperwork, only to snap her mouth shut again at the look on James' face. "...What?"

"Umm..." he glanced over his shoulder. Jack leaned to the side, spotting the two other men behind him, all of them looking scared of... something. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, so James finally started again. "Your-- Your father sent you something."

"Excuse me? How?" Jack's palms hit the top of her desk as she stood, making James flinch. Damn right they were scared. She was, too. Not that they needed to know that. She snatched a letter out of James' hand, unfolding it and nearly started to read before she looked up at them again. "...Did you read this?"

"Not if you don't want us to have read it," Gavin replied, making the other two shoot him dirty looks. Jack scowled at them, took a step back, and slammed the door in their faces.

She heard James and Javier chide Gavin from behind the door, but she only got a few lines into the letter before she picked up her wand and sent a note to Max's nanny, telling her to take him home and stay there, before sending a patronus message to Keegan as well. And it was anything but polite. You better get your ass to my office, Keegan. Now. It wasn't his fault, but she had no doubt he would figure that out as soon as he saw the hefty drink she poured herself and the way her eyes were glued desperately to her father's announcement that there'd been a breakout, and while she'd never find him just by looking, the threat laced into the words was enough to make her panic.

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 05:19 PM
PMQuote
Keegan - 192 posts - 21 - 6'0" - Pureblood
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Keegan was in the middle of pretending to work when he got Jack's patrons, looking slightly confused but stood up anyway, heading for her office. He ran through his memories to see if he had done anything to piss her off lately. Couple of comments and a butt grab.. nothing unusual. Perhaps she was really in the mood and ready to take him up on his offer for office sex... Perhaps he was oh so terribly wrong.
The terrified guys yapping outside Jack's office was a dead giveaway, looking at Keegan as if he could fire them in an instant, though perhaps that was a perk of dating their boss. It was certainly an ego boost. He opened up the door with a "You wanted to see me, darling?" His smile then faded when he saw the drink, the letter in her hand, and her face. He made sure the door was shut tight before walking over to her with worry written all over his face. "What happened?"

Keegan's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 05:47 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

This-- I-- WHAT?? NO! Jack recognized his arrival, though she didn't actually look up until he properly approached her, concern evident in his voice. She thought about just shoving the letter in his face and waiting, but she knew he would need her to explain. "I know we said talking about my family is off limits. Well, I did." Jack rolled her eyes, but continued on. "Considering I'm obviously bad at keeping my own rules with you, there are some things you need to know. First, I'm the one that ruined his bid for President four years ago. Second, ..."

Jack sighed, looking away only for her eyes to fall on her drink. She reached out, knocking it back before he could try and stop her. Then again, perhaps he'd understand and not care. It didn't matter. "Second, I did that because he murdered Max's mom when she came looking for him. He'd had an affair during the war, and never told her about us. When she came asking questions, he thought it would mess up his attempt at the presidency." She let out a noise of frustration from the back of her throat and shook her head, picking up the letter again. "And third: Despite my belief otherwise, ... He escaped during the breakout at the prison. And he is not happy with me."

She finally looked directly at him, her jaw tight and expression neutral apart from the anger and fear blatantly obvious behind her eyes.

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 07:02 PM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Keegan looked at Jack in complete shock, his eyes widening to the size of dinnerplates the more that she kept talking. He had so many questions, but instead of asking any of them he took the letter from her hand, reading it as he walked away.

Turning back to her quickly he dropped his hand with the letter down and stared at her. "Jack..." he started but he had no idea what he even wanted to say, so he marched right over, dropped the letter on the desk, and pulled her into a tight hug. "Is Max somewhere safe?" he asked her, not letting her pull away if she tried. "He won't get to you two. I won't let him". His voice became deep and serious, as if he was somehow threatening the man who happened to be Jack's father, because he technically was.... just not to his face.

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 09:04 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

This-- I-- WHAT?? NO! "I know--" she started, prepared to explain further, but instead she made it to her feet just in time to be pulled against his chest. The unfortunate truth is that she did try to pull back, but not to pull away so much as to look up at him in a surprised sort of awe. "I asked his nanny to bring him home. But.. I mean, you read it. We can't stay there."

Jack frowned, but her attention zeroed in on Keegan. "He didn't mention you. Maybe he doesn't know, yet. I--" her hands flew up, forcing themselves between them until she could grab onto his upper arms in a sudden desperation. "I can ward your flat. We can't stay at mine anymore, so we'll have to go to yours," she decided for them, "but I should be able to make it safer. Not permanently, but.. for now."

It was about then that she should have just asked him. But she didn't want to leave room for him to say no, even though she didn't expect him to. Her lips turned down into something similar to an apology. "I-- ..." Jack's cheeks turned red, probably for the first time since knowing him. "Please, Keegan."

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 09:48 PM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Keegan shifted his arms a bit so that Jack could look up at him, but he didn't notice the look on her face since his mind was a bit preoccupied with how he was going to keep them safe. He was brought back to the present when she grabbed onto his arm, looking down with a sad fear in his eyes that he just couldn't seem to keep out of them. "Whatever you need". He leaned down and placed a tender kiss on her forehead before carefully pulling away from her, searching his pockets for his keys. "Okay, you send a letter to the nanny that we'll be there to pick Max up. He needs to pack anything that he needs... and maybe we should take some food? I haven't gone to the grocery store lately.."

Pulling his key out of his pocket he placed it on the desk and duplicated it, handing her one. "Here. don't lose it". He winked at her in a makeshift effort to try make her smile. He pulled his jacket on, handing her her own. "We'll get this figured out, babe. I promise".

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 10:31 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

This-- I-- WHAT?? NO! She was nodding along to his instructions, stepping towards her desk to look for paper. He was right about using a letter instead of a patronus. She didn't need Max to overhear and get scared. Not until she could be there in person. Morrigan, she had no idea how she was supposed to explain something like this when he'd never been told the truth. She'd messed up. Badly. That was all there was to it, and now--

Jack stopped short, blinking at the key he was offering. Then at him. She was breaking out into a wry half-smile when he spoke again, and her expression fell into surprise. As her fingers curled around the key, an eyebrow lifted in question. "Babe?"

After a moment of consideration, she set the key down next to the paper and her wand, then stepped back towards him, tilting her head as she looked up at him. A sort of curiosity burned in her eyes as her fingers reached for the fabric on either side of his waist and curled around it. "I don't say this often, so you better appreciate it," Jack warned. "...Thank you."

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 10:58 PM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image ”Babe”. Had he really used that word? Keegan looked just as surprised as Jack was, clearing his throat as he tried to come up with some sort of explanation for the word. But then she was pulling him close to her, willingly obliging as he always felt a little better whenever they were close. ”I'd do anything for you” he told her simply, shrugging a little while bringing his hand up to push hair out of her face.

What the fuck are you doing? Keegan asked himself, clearing his throat once more before pretending she had something stuck in her hair and “dropping” it on the floor. ”Come on, we should go”. He didn’t want to. He enjoyed being in Jack’s arms and knowing she was safe. As he turned away he began wondering if he was getting sick. It was the only explanation for the feeling of nausea he had in his stomach over her situation. ”Okay. Let’s go to my place first to make sure it’s safe. I’ll check the rooms and you put up the barrier”

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 12:23 AM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

Jack's eyes widened slightly but she managed to keep her mouth shut. That was too much. Too heavy. And either he registered her reaction or he realized it himself because he changed the topic, and she had to hold up a hand to stop him. "Letter first, then we'll go," she corrected.

Releasing him, she stepped back and around her desk again, quickly penning a message to Max's nanny, asking her to help him pack a travel bag, and explaining that Jack would give her paid leave for the next couple of weeks because a family emergency had come up. But she wanted to tell Max herself, so she needed the nanny to tell him she'd planned a trip. It wasn't technically untrue, but it would help keep him from worrying until he absolutely had to.

After tying it off with an owl and sending the bird on its way, she turned back around to look at Keegan. She'd expected him to be scared for his life -- not for hers and Max's. Sure, Max was sort of to be expected, considering he was only a kid. So, really the shock had to do with her. She slid on her jacket, walking over to slide the key into a pocket now that she had them available. But she stopped at the corner of her desk, still eyeing him curiously. She hadn't ever expected anyone to behave the way he was. Not for her. Even Seraphina wouldn't, she was sure. Jack just couldn't tell if it was genuine or if he just thought it was because of... what they'd done. No matter how much she wanted it to be the former, in her experience it never was, and for her it likely never would be. Jack wasn't anybody's exception to the rule. Ever. She wasn't the sort of woman that men took seriously, and it was hardly the time to sit around wishing for things. So she picked up her wand without a word and held her hand out for him, locking the door and waiting for him to apparate them.

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 06:10 AM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Instead of standing there and feeling like an idiot, Keegan picked up he letter from her father. Because of her new job he was admittedly out of practice when it came to looking for evidence. He read and reread the letter until he essentially had it memorized, but even then he couldn’t seem to find anything.

With a sigh he folded the letter back up carefully, about to hand it back to her when she stepped up to him. Taking his own wand out he handed the note back before ignoring her outstretched hand, grabbing onto her waist. ”Everything will be alright” he promised, his eyes looking deep into hers before placing his lips on hers, kissing her deeply for a moment- then disaparating out of there.

Ever since Jack’s initial visit to his hardly ever clean apartment, Keegan made more of an effort to make it look presentable. It wasn’t perfect and could certainly use some organization, but there weren’t random clothes scattered around and the “man” smell was replaced by something Pine. Keegan let go of Jack after they both settled, searching every room and possible hiding places to make sure they were empty. He ended up back in the living room and looked outside the window at the many faces walking by. ”I need to know what he looks like”

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 12:56 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

She wanted to argue with him. She wanted to tell him that it simply couldn't be true that things would be fine, because this was her father, and he didn't do anything by half. A political animal with no patience or genuine care for others, Abraham Stasey was a complete monster. The real pity was that she craved his approval so viscerally, and had always wondered what he'd think of her now. Clearly, very little.

Thing is, Jack didn't do any of those things. Instead, the hand he'd left hanging flew up to the back of his head to keep her balance when he swept her in to kiss her. When he pulled away to side-along apparate her to his place, Jack could only stare at him, open-mouthed.

She was still baffled when he took off without a word to check the rooms, but quickly pulled herself together and started putting up wards around the place. Keegan was back a few moments later, only to gaze out the window like her father might already know where they were. Did he? Jack was starting to worry at her bottom lip when he made his request. "... Do you have a pensieve?" she asked after a moment, waiting for him to confirm and retrieve it. By the time he was back, she'd pulled out the first memory she could think of and the silvery thread was hanging from her wand.

She dropped it into the pensieve, waiting for it to take form so he could duck in and see it. Jack sat alongside her father's campaign manager, pretending she knew nothing about the investigation on Nicole's murder. He was fuming, trying to figure out whose idea it was, whose team, how people suspected him at all. Jack was being quiet, observing but trying to look sympathetic. Except then he figured it out. He realized and turned on her, throwing the first thing he could find. Unfortunately for Jack, she couldn't keep her mouth shut. That was when he reached for his wand, and his campaign manager turned angry, realizing his career was about to be ruined as well. So what choice did Jack have? She disapparated, showing up at MACUSA and running straight to Seraphina's office, secretaries and guard be damned.

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 06:12 PM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image Coming out of he pensieve, Keegan stared at the liquid watching as the vile man’s face showed through and wanting to punch him. Seriously. He felt this overwhelming desire to find the asshole and punch the asshole right out of him. How could someone treat their own child in such a way? How could someone treat JACK in that manner? As he leaned on his hands above the pensieve he let the anger take over him, shaking and breathing hard.

”He won’t touch you or max” he told her, his voice hard while speaking slowly. He turned to face her, looking her in the eye with his jaw clenched so tightly that you could probably make a diamond. ”If he even gets close to either of you, I’ll kill him.” With that he went to the spare bedroom and waved his wand so that things were a lot more organized in there. His random items were moved to a trunk in the closet and the bed was made with sheets he’d never even used before. ”Max can stay here. You can have my bed”

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 11:34 PM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

"Keegan-" she attempted, stopping when he spoke again. The reaction was... Well, Jack didn't understand. She was honestly befuddled by it, and couldn't figure what she was actually trying to interrupt him with. So instead she followed him into the next room, walking carefully and slowly behind him. It was with a heavy sigh that she realized what Keegan's problem was. Without her, he would be relegated back to what his family had tried to make him. Without her, he'd be forced to return to the No-Maj police force. Without her, he would never get that bonus she'd promised him after inauguration night.

Or, a small voice suggested, perhaps he didn't like the idea of being without her. And that was scary. But it actually made her feel powerful, once she gave herself a chance to consider it all. It was a completely foreign concept to her, that idea that someone would be upset to lose her. Besides maybe Max. But Max was always the exception for Jack. She just found it so hard to believe anyone would feel that way about her.

More than that, did she want anyone to? It wasn't safe. It wasn't easy. It was just a distraction, and the grandest opportunity for someone to hurt her. Or was it? Her father was more of a threat to her than Keegan was. And what kind of person would she be if heartbreak destroyed her more than sending her own dad to prison? More than finding out he'd escaped?

Before she realized what she was doing, Jack walked around to stand in front of him, cutting off his view of the room he'd been working on with an unnerving amount of focus. "Keegan..." He'd only seen her father throw a glass at her. It was practically nothing. Certainly nothing magic couldn't heal. Jack just sort of gazed at him for a moment, her expression just one of curiosity despite the awe she felt on the inside. One of her hands reached up to his cheek, her thumb brushing over his skin. "You're gonna be fine. I promise. The moment I suspect he knows where we are, Max and I will go. You may have signed up for many things, but this isn't one of them, and I know that. I daresay this arrangement won't last very long." She offered a weak smile, dropping her hand back to her side. "Then you'll be free again. Or, well. Free-er."

^
Keegan O'Heaghra
 Posted on: Apr 6 2018, 06:34 AM
PMQuote
International Advisor
Callie
191 points

user posted image There were a million things running through Keegan’s head from wondering if there was enough food to how he could make sure that Max was safe when with his nanny. The one person he hadn’t thought about, and this was strange if you knew Keegan O’Heaghra at all, was himself. He paused when Jack stepped up to him, leaning into the hand she had placed on his cheek before looking at her shocked.

”No.” The words came out so matter of fact, like it was the only logical response to what she had said. ”If you think some asshole is going to scare me, then you don’t know me at all. There is nothing anyone could do that would make me walk away. “ Nothing of course, but her. That was when realization hit him, the feelings he’d been experiencing finally making sense- and it terrified him. It wasn’t the agreement or the fact that they were faking their love, nor was it boredom or the fact that he could only be with her. No one could make him leave because he felt protective of her, didn’t want ANYONE to get to her-

Because he loved her.

^
Jack Stasey
 Posted on: Apr 6 2018, 11:46 AM
PMQuote
- 205 posts - 34 - -
Political Fixer
Avery
204 points

Jack’s brow furrowed sharply before a frown set in. ”First of all, you don’t get to tell me what to do. If I want to take Max somewhere else, I damn well will. Second, I didn’t tell you to walk away. We both know that’s not possible. I meant you would have your space back, and be safer for it.” She definitely wasn’t going to let him stop her, but she also couldn’t see why he thought he was allowed to be protective but she wasn’t. So what if they weren’t dating for real? This was her fault and she refused to let her family be the cause of another person’s downfall. Never again.

”Damnit, Keegan,” she blurted after taking a breath but failing to keep it in. ”Why do you have to make everything about me? This isn’t about me! It’s about Max and about you. If anything happens to me I’ve more than earned it, so who cares? And besides, he can’t exactly kill me. Imagine who their key suspect would be! Certainly not you or my brother.”

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole