g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
New Poll

Step Into My Workshop, Theo
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson
 Posted on: Dec 31 2017, 03:35 AM
PMQuote
Kjerstin - 9 posts - 27 - 5'6" - Halfblood
Seer
Merlin's Beard
Burlesque Performer & Freelance Potioneer
Liz
4 points

Don't mind the suspicious brother user posted image

Kjerstin and Petter's place was actually technically two places: two small, cruddy places connected by an interior door, because magic was excellent. It wasn't anything to boast of, but they kept it pleasant. Petter, of course, had built essentially all of their furniture, and Kjerstin had used her Charms skill to make it pretty. They felt fortunate, really; they each had a cramped bedroom, there was a living area and a tiny but workable kitchen, and Kjerstin even had a room in the back to serve as her potions workshop. And, of course, the cat... aptly named Katt. Because it was Swedish for "cat." And Petter had won the coin toss for naming rights.

"Clean up the wood shavings, please," she tossed over her shoulder as she straightened up elsewhere. Petter shrugged and waved his hand casually at the floor, vanishing the evidence of his most recent work. And then, of course, getting right back to it.

When she heard Theo at the door, Kjerstin made her way over to let him in, scooping Katt up so that she wouldn't make an escape attempt. "Hello! she said with a smile. "Come in!" She stepped back to allow him entry.

@Prime

--------------------
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson AKA Sylvi Sheba
Burlesque performer at Merlin's Beard
Has a pretty Swedish accent
5'6" and athletic
Hey big spender, spend a little time with me.
Kjerstin's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Theodore Quinn
 Posted on: Dec 31 2017, 04:13 AM
PMQuote
Theo - 11 posts - 30 - 6'0" - Halfblood
Private Eye
Prime
11 points

Get a Clue, Theodore It was sprinkling today. Small droplets of water began to pour onto Theo's hat as he stepped outside of the delicatessen. "Best Sandwiches in Manhattan" was written underneath the the owner's name. For all Theo knew, it could have been right, but this happened to be the closest place to the entry point into the side of New York most New Yorkers didn't know about. He opened the bag and checked his order as he walked along the wet sidewalks of East Manhattan. The aromatic smell of bagels, cream cheese, and hot pastrami filled his nose as a smile came across his face. He had been coming to this place for years when he had been working on cases for MACUSA. As a PI, he even helped the owner find his missing son and so he scored some leftover meat they were planning on discarding.

Theodore turned a corner and stepped into a building one might miss if they weren't looking at it properly. He tipped his hat to a tired looking old man and before he knew it, he was walking the streets of magical New York. He could of stopped at a food place in this part of the city, but there was something about pure No-Maj food that just couldn't be replicated in this world. He made his way towards the tenements as he kept the warm bag of food tucked away in his coat, trying to prevent it from getting wet. He usually hated coming to this part of town, as it usually meant he was tracking down a lead, but he was actually rather eager today.

He wasn't sure why Kjerstin had sent for him, but he honestly didn't mind. After working with her for as long as he did, he appreciated having an acquaintance who wasn't trying to kill him. He made his way up the steps until he got to her floor, taking out a cigarette and putting it in his mouth. Funnily enough, Theo knew that he wasn't supposed to smoke in her home, and he never did, but this had been a tick that he formed back when he would see Maggie. He would light his cigarette, get to her door and immediately put it out before coming in. Maybe it was tick, maybe it was something else, either way he couldn't seem to shake it.

""Incendio." With a wave of his wand, Theodore lit his cigarette, and made his way to the door. He gave a quick knock, and quickly put it out. This was such a strange habit, and wasteful at that. Cigarettes cost a lot of change these days. As Kjerstin opened the door with a smile, he took off his hat, matching her smile, "And a good day to you, Miss Ragnvaldsson." He had only recently come to pronounce her surname properly, but he was proud of himself for it nonetheless. He stepped into the door, offering gifts of bagels, sandwiches and deli meat for anyone interested. "I even remembered to bring coffee this time" He grinned as he pulled three plastic cups from the bag.

He began to take off his coat as he asked, "Now what brings me to your neck of this woods this morning?"

@LIZ
"Every story starts out the same way..."
Theo's App - Tracker - Plotter
^
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson
 Posted on: Jan 2 2018, 08:03 PM
PMQuote
Seer
Merlin's Beard
Liz
4 points

She could smell the little curl of tobacco smoke as she opened the door and wondered yet again what had led him to form that habit: smoking right outside the door, then extinguishing what still looked like an extremely brand-new cigarette. Kjerstin wouldn't ask, of course, because people deserved to keep their own strange little secrets. And it was something intriguing to speculate about, as well.

"Ooooh, he comes bearing gifts!" she exclaimed happily, closing and locking the door before setting Katt free and taking the loot from Theo's hands so that he could get his coat off and shake away some of the uncomfortable moisture. "Petter, coffee?" The wolf wandered over, nodded and nearly smiled at Theo, then thanked him for bringing the treats.

"Well," Kjerstin offered as she got started slicing a bagel, "I've made plenty to restock your potions stores. Aaaaand I've come up with something new to test out?" She smiled sweetly, with a hint of the pretty please? in her gaze. When she could, she got Petter to help her test new concoctions, but what with his extra-complicated magical physiology, it didn't always seem safe to do so.

@Prime

--------------------
5'6" and athletic
^
Theodore Quinn
 Posted on: Jan 3 2018, 06:34 PM
PMQuote
Private Eye
Prime
11 points

Get a Clue, Theodore He was immediately graced by the scent of the "old world", as he called it, upon entering her apartment. Theo could never really identify the origin of the smell, and he wasn't entirely sure if he had really wanted to. It wasn't an entirely unpleasant smell, but it had definitely been foreign to his nose. Considering how many times he had visited Kjerstin, one would have assumed he would have gotten used to it, but it always seemed to be a different scent every single time. It had become comforting to him for some reason, despite the possibility that it could involve body parts of mystical creatures. After folding his coat around his arm, Theodore bent down on his knee to pet her cat, aptly named cat in her native tongue.

As he stood, he was greeted by the intimidating figure of her brother, Petter. As he came over to retrieve something from the bag, Theo gave him a slight nod and a half-smile, unsure of how the wolf man felt about him. He turned back to Kjerstin and immediately as she said "Well", he knew she was about to ask him something he wasn't going to be keen on. He had come to rely on her as his potion provider, which was really lucky considering he was crap at making them. She had a gift for the art and he was lucky to have her as a friend.Still, this didn't mean he wanted to be a guinea pig.

Theo was about to open his mouth to speak, but then she smiled. She smiled in that way Maggie used to smile when she wanted him to take her to the ballet. He hated ballet with a passion, but she had a look in her eye that made it seem like she wanted nothing else in the entire world. She was always so grateful afterwards...Theodore momentarily became lost in thought as Maggie's smiling face became Kjerstin's smiling face once more. He sighed, looking down at his shoes before glancing back up at her under the rim of his hat. "Alright, don't sugar coat it. Is there a possibility I might explode this time?" He gave a worried smile, as he took off his hat.

@LIZ
^
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson
 Posted on: Jan 11 2018, 11:46 PM
PMQuote
Seer
Merlin's Beard
Liz
4 points

While Kjerstin started slicing with the intention of creating some sort of elegant little sandwich, Petter just took a bagel and some coffee and wandered back to his work after a brief thanks. He was, quite obviously, a strange person, almost more feral wolf than man. His English was pathetic, his sense of social tact nonexistent, and his protective instinct had already been extreme even before the wolfish territorial nature took hold of him.

Theo was all right, though. While Petter was excellent at tracking animals through the forest, tracking a man through the city wasn't quite the same. Theo was the one who had accomplished the feat and gotten rid of the creeper. So, when it came down to it, Theo was actually one of Petter's favorite people in New York. Kjerstin had tried to explain that, but was never really certain how well she articulated her brother's eccentricities.

She saw him off with an affectionate smile that became the more sweetly flirtatious please, please grin as she turned it to Theo. Of course Kjerstin used minor flirtation to her advantage. It was second nature to her by that point. "No explosions," she insisted. "I promise. Possible side effects include stomach upset, temporary numbness of the extremities..."

Paying very close attention now to slicing her bagel, Kjerstin sort of shrugged and added quickly, "...and complete loss of your sense of direction for 36-48 hours..."

@Prime

--------------------
5'6" and athletic
^
Theodore Quinn
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 10:20 AM
PMQuote
Private Eye
Prime
11 points

Get a Clue, Theodore Theo stood by as Petter made his way around the house. This was probably the most amiable he had ever been to the private eye. Maybe, he was starting to like him? Theodore wasn't holding his breath though. He was certainly a peculiar guy, but he cared for his sister and Theo respected that. While he never had any siblings personally, he had several aunts and uncles, but he wondered how many of them would be willing to dangle a man off a roof for one another. He also wondered how many of them might be werewolves...He really needed to get that figured out before family reunion time came around.

As much as Kjerstin kept trying to convince him that her brother is actually fond of him, Theo remained skeptical. There's something about a grown man growling at you that really puts a guy off. He walked off with a bagel in his mouth and cup o' joe in hand, and muffled something Theo assumed was a 'Thank You'. It must have been a good day for Petter to say more then-well, to say anything and not just grunt at him. He briefly considered making a wise remark, but decided to quit while he was ahead and take the thanks. "Anytime, Petter" He gave a nod his way with a genuine smirk of friendliness, rather a rare sight from the sardonic detective.

He readied himself for Kjerstin's response to his hanging question, when she hit him with the grin 'Goddamnit, I'm going to explode myself for this woman, aren't I?' were Theo's first thoughts as he found himself at the mercy of Kjerstin's wiles. It wasn't like he wasn't used to this, not even just with her, but with so many clients. Either they were looking to get a discount, or trying to seduce a knife into his back, but he had gotten so jaded to it that it hardly ever phases him anymore. Yet somehow, this woman managed to get passed his callouses and break through to him. He couldn't pretend it didn't anything have to do with her doppelgänger, or was Kjerstin her doppelgänger? Didn't matter.

He had considered showing her a photograph, the only one he still had that MACUSA hadn't 'erased', but he felt like it would have been too strange. Theo simply cleared his throat and tried not to look flustered. As he listened to her rattle off the possible side effects, he scratched at the back of his neck. He let out a light chuckle as she listed off the final side effect under her breath, barely loud enough to register. "Oh, is that all? The same side effects of a good bottle of whiskey without the possibility of getting in trouble with the Prohis? Sign me up!" He folded his coat and placed it on the coach, putting his hat neatly atop the stack, and sat next to it. He placed his hands on his lap like a child ready to receive his medicine and gave her a sarcastically obedient smile, as he did so.

@LIZ
^
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson
 Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 07:49 PM
PMQuote
Seer
Merlin's Beard
Liz
4 points

"Exactly!" Kjerstin agreed, pleased with his willingness. He wasn't easily scared, that was for sure. She liked that about him. "Nothing permanent, at least," she added. "And I'll go ahead and give you a good bottle of whiskey in return for your bravery." They'd had a lot of these random little luncheons together, so she didn't even have to think about what ingredients to use as she put together a bagel sandwich for him.

"This one will be useful, though!" she continued enthusiastically, as though it would be very comforting to hear. "Maybe even get me rich. It's supposed to guide two people to each other. Do you want cheese on this?"

@Prime

--------------------
5'6" and athletic
^
Theodore Quinn
 Posted on: Jan 22 2018, 01:27 AM
PMQuote
Private Eye
Prime
11 points

Get a Clue, Theodore Theo stared at the photograph he had kept in his wallet as he sat down. He was paying attention to what Kjerstin had been saying, but he became lost in all of these thoughts of...,her. 'Damn it', he thought to himself, 'This always happens'. Every time he thought of Maggie, it sent him into a state of mind that he never liked being in. He did his damnedest to avoid it when he was working a case, and in general, but it became increasingly difficult around Kjerstin. He felt like it was karmic payback, that one of the only people he trusted in the wizard world bore her face. It was like MACUSA had set this up as punishment for his crime of loving a no-maj.

He quickly looked up in response to her question, tucking the photo into his pants pocket, as quickly as he could."Cheese? Nah, I'm trying to watch my figure. It's swimsuit season." He had heard her comments on the whiskey, and knowing her, she could probably snag the really good stuff. He hadn't noticed that she had actually started preparing a bagel sandwich for him. She was good people, too good for someone like Quinn. She knew exactly how he liked it, mostly because he didn't even know how he liked his food until she introduced him to it. The thing about Irish families is that they tend to eat whatever you give them and move on with the day.

What really caught his attention was the effect of the spell. "Wait, guide two people to each other? What like a love potion?" Those were definitely illegal in the States, and while she certainly liked skirting on the fence of the legality, he knew she wasn't just going to outright create something illegal. Maybe it was some kind of tracking potion, which really would make her a small mint. "If I'm going to get an upset stomach, should I do it on an empty stomach or...?" He already resigned himself to his fate. Whatever this was going to do, he may end up being her top customer for it, so he might as well be the one to figure out if it works, firsthand. Though, if she tricked him with a love potion again, he was going to be very livid. That was a very awkward April 1st.

@LIZ
^
Kjerstin Ragnvaldsson
 Posted on: Feb 14 2018, 01:14 AM
PMQuote
Seer
Merlin's Beard
Liz
4 points

Kjerstin giggled lightly, finishing up the sandwich and cutting it in half before passing it over to him. "Swimsuit season, eh? I have to admit I don't see a single thing wrong with your figure." Petter made a little bit of a grouchy noise from across the room where he'd gone back to work on some project or other. His wolf ears could pick up pretty much anything, from any distance. He tossed something out in Swedish, and Kjerstin rolled her eyes as she replied, then turned back to Theo.

She become much more solemn as she got to the subject of the potion. She took her work seriously, and she was obviously excited and proud of this new project. "No, not this one! This is for two people who already know each other, who will need to find each other. In theory, if we apparate to random places in the city and then take the potion, we will know how to walk to each other. We will meet somewhere in the middle. And I think eating will help."

@Prime

--------------------
5'6" and athletic
^
Theodore Quinn
 Posted on: Mar 5 2018, 10:00 PM
PMQuote
Private Eye
Prime
11 points

Get a Clue, Theodore Theodore took the well-prepared sandwich from her, taking a handkerchief from his coat pocket and wrapping the treat inside. "You think so? Maybe I should give up detective work and try to make it big in Hollywood. What'd you think, could I give Douglas Fairbanks a run for his money" Theo chuckled as he gave an over the top "masculine action hero" face pose. His grin grew wider as he heard annoyed Swedish sounds coming from the other room. Oh, what Theo wouldn't give to know some cursory Swedish.

He took note of how intense she quickly became as the topic shifted to talk of the potion. It was weird, but he always found it kind of adorable how passionate she became about her craft. It showed in her work, too, she was the best damn potion maker on the Eastern Seaboard. He could always rely on her when it came to identifying and creating strange concoctions. She was one of the very rare few people he trusted, which is funny because he could recall his father saying something along the lines of "Never trust a witch". It wouldn't be the first time Theo's let his father down.

Interestingly enough, it seemed like his theory that it might be more akin to a tracking potion was correct. If that was the case, this could prove extremely useful in his own line of work. His interest became significantly more piqued, though for more reasons than just work. "You mean, it could be used to lead you to someone no matter where they were...theoretically?" Despite having lived in this world for so long, magic always managed to find new ways of surprising him.

He took the handkerchief, unbundling it and taking a bite out of the sandwich, standing up. "Well, then we've got no time to-My God, this is delightful." Theodore, a man used to eating beans from a can, had to sit back down as he scarfed down the scrumptious bagel sandwich.

@LIZ
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
Color palette designed by Poof
CBox toggle by Nicole