g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Finally. Finally., [Brooklyn]
Credence Barebone
 Posted on: Nov 7 2017, 11:56 PM
PMQuote

9 posts . years old . tall .

Avery
9 points

Pleasepleaseplease Weeks after arriving back in New York, he was still lost. Still looking for her. It took some nosing around, which Credence frankly was not good at, to discover that Tina Goldstein lived in Brooklyn. With some other lady, but he wasn't sure who. That didn't matter, as long as the other woman didn't see him. Nobody could see him. But Tina-- Tina needed to. She would know what to do, even though nobody else would. And it would be really, really bad if certain people knew he was back in the area. So he lingered in alleys between buildings on what he thought was her street, peeking out when he heard people walk past.
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 8 2017, 12:22 AM
PMQuote

131 posts . 26 years old . tall .

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. Apart from that one nagging thing last December, things were going relatively well for one Tina Goldstein. Recently twenty-six and reinstated in her job and reunited with someone she thought perhaps she might be interested in long-term... all seemed to be going surprisingly in her favor. So as she walked home that night, she was in a good mood.

Halfway down, between one building and another, Tina stopped short. That wasn't right. She though she'd seen--... But no, of course not. It couldn't be. And yet she'd seen him. Was this like the Graves thing all over again? If she didn't check, she would regret it. She knew that. So she reached for her wand, turning around slowly and sending her gaze back into that alley, however warily. "...C-Credence?"

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,
MACUSA AUROR; LIVES IN NYC WITH QUEENIE,
MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE A CRUSH (DON'T ASK),
26, 5'7" & A LITTLE PLAIN.

click me. [Show]
^
Credence Barebone
 Posted on: Nov 8 2017, 12:42 AM
PMQuote

Avery
9 points

Pleasepleaseplease Credence was so tired. And hungry, actually. But he couldn't leave until he saw her. He wouldn't. And luckily, he didn't have to wait much longer. Someone walked past and he ducked into the shadows a moment too late. Their footsteps stopped and he held his breath until suddenly, the world stopped. He wasn't tired anymore, wasn't hungry. Because he knew that voice, and nothing had ever sounded better. Not even those promises that Graves had made him. It took a moment, but he edged his way out, bowed and nervous, but mostly hopeful.
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 8 2017, 12:52 AM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. Every thought, every breath of air in her lungs, all of it was gone. Because that... that was her Credence. Credence who should've been dead, but apparently wasn't. It made no sense. Tina froze, staring at him open-mouthed. If Newt knew--

"You're alive," she gasped out finally, hardly at even a whisper. "Is it really you?" It might not be. How would she know? "What did I tell you that night? The one that got me in trouble."

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Credence Barebone
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 01:31 AM
PMQuote

Avery
9 points

Pleasepleaseplease It was her. It was definitely her. She was clever and caring, and he just knew it had to be her. Not that either of those things had anything to do with how she behaved in that moment. The cleverness, maybe. But he was mostly just taken aback. That wasn't Tina's fault, though.

"You-- you said that... that you were keeping an eye on me. That you were watching. Even though you weren't supposed to."

^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 01:40 AM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. He got it perfectly right, as she had expected him to. But it was yet another reminder that she had failed him. And technically, she hadn't been given a choice. MACUSA had required her to stay away even though she didn't want to. But still, she nodded. "I was. And I wanted to help you, Credence. I did. I tried. I-- We thought you were.... dead." The last word was just a whisper, but it made more of a chill run down her spine than the late autumn wind managed to create. "I'm so sorry, Credence."

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Credence Barebone
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 01:48 AM
PMQuote

Avery
9 points

Pleasepleaseplease Her apology was something he had no idea how to take. Sure, he remembered an occasional apology from his sister or from the kids who came in for food. But on the other hand, he had never been taught how to respond to them. So he just ducked his head a bit further, tilting his chin to the side in discomfort. "... I need to hide," he replied instead. "Not dead, but... not safe."
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 01:53 AM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. Ahh, right. It would be... well, all sorts of bad if he was discovered. She couldn't very well keep him at her apartment if he had a chance of giving in to the obscurus again. But she had no idea where to take him, either. "I'll protect you," she assured him, reaching out slowly to see if he would accept the touch. When it wasn't rejected, she wrapped her hand around his arm. "This might be uncomfortable, but I'm going to take us somewhere else, quite quickly. And then I'm going to ask my friend for help. You remember Newt?"

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Credence Barebone
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 01:56 AM
PMQuote

Avery
9 points

Pleasepleaseplease Credence remembered Newt. Of course he did. Not by name, really, but he remembered the man who told him he knew how to help. He remembered the way the man had been tortured to help him and how upset he'd become. And he remembered the way Tina hovered so close to him, though Credence had no idea what that meant, other than that it must have been good. So he half nodded, and let her take them away.
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 02:08 AM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. Tina side-along apparated him to the largest graveyard in Brooklyn - the one off of Wilson and Moffat - and found one of the larger trees for them to hover underneath. To their right, the L line peeked momentarily above ground in the Canarsie-Rockaway direction, while the Manhattan one snuck underneath it in the tunnel. But the Wilson stop was close enough that Newt could find them if he took it. Or if he happened to know the area somehow, which would be even better. Faster. It didn't matter either way.

Pulling out her wand, she cast a patronus charm (which may or may not have worked due to certain events a few weeks earlier; believe what you will, reader) that could carry a message to him, wherever he was. Newt, it's an emergency. Take the L to Wilson Avenue and find the cemetery there. Then come find me. Now.

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Newton Scamander
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 03:19 AM
PMQuote
Newt
95 posts . 31 years old . 6'0" tall . Halfblood

Society for the Appreciation of Magical Creatures
Magizoologist
Liz
4 points

credence (n.): mental acceptance as true or real Newt recognized the nebulous husky, and took several steps forward to meet it, gesturing to Ironbelly to stay back. He knelt down to receive the message, then bristled at the word "emergency." Tina wouldn't fool around with that word. She meant what she'd said.

"I've got to go," he explained to his partner. "Would you mind taking the supplies home with you tonight?" Having quickly arranged for things to be taken care of, he made his way to the train.

While he traveled, Newt looked at his hands and considered the surprisingly intricate interior anatomy of the flobberworm. It was one of those thought puzzles that just never ceased to entertain him. Soon enough, they pulled up at Wilson Avenue, and he could see the cemetery through the window. Off he went.

He didn't understand what he was seeing until ... no, wait. He still didn't understand what he was seeing, because it looked like Tina was in the cemetery with Credence Barebone, but that couldn't be correct. Could it? Confused, and a bit wary, Newt slowed down and put his hand right by his wand, just in case. As he approached them, he couldn't think of any words, so he simply stared with his mouth open, looking a bit like a surprised goldfish.

@Avery

--------------------
Newt Scamander
Magizoologist based in London
Teaches New York's wizarding youth about magical creatures
6'0" and gangly
My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice.
Newt's App . Tracker . Plotter
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 03:41 AM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. By the time Newt arrived, Tina had coaxed Credence into settling on the ground beneath the tree, asking a variety of simple questions about where he had been and how he'd survived and what he had done to get out of the tunnels that night. He didn't have explanations for all of it, but he was trying, and she took everything he said very seriously. After a while, he didn't even flinch as her hand brushed over his arms. In fact, he'd started to lean into it.

But then there was Newt. Credence saw him first, stopping mid-sentence and redirecting her attention. Tina stood - though not so quickly as to scare the boy - and then hurried forward to meet Newt. Thankfully, they were far enough that Credence probably wouldn't overhear her explaining. Her hands had naturally slipped into her pockets because of the cold, but one reached back out to take one of his as though it were the most natural thing in the world.

"He was hiding out on our street, Newt. It's really him." Her eyes searched his nervously, trusting that he would believe her but fearing some sort of reaction she couldn't predict or accommodate. "He needs help. But I-- I can't keep him at home with Queenie. He said he still can't control it. I don't know what to do."

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Newton Scamander
 Posted on: Nov 14 2017, 05:08 PM
PMQuote
Newt

Magizoologist
Liz
4 points

credence (n.): mental acceptance as true or real Newt couldn't keep himself from staring over her shoulder at him, the boy who'd haunted his nightmares, whose apparent death had weighed so heavily on every waking moment. He didn't understand. It didn't make sense. It couldn't have been real. He couldn't have been given a second chance. It just didn't make sense!

"He - but - he, he's not a ghost?" He looked quite solid from where Newt was standing, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. Especially now that the world had been turned upside down and apparently nothing necessarily meant anything, not even death.

@Avery

--------------------
Newt Scamander
6'0" and gangly
^
Tina Goldstein
 Posted on: Nov 14 2017, 07:26 PM
PMQuote

Auror at MACUSA
Avery
131 points

Everything I know is a lie. Tina turned a little, looking back at Credence as well even as he curled further into himself. It didn't feel right to leave him alone for so long, but then, he'd been alone for months. That was a good sign that, at the least, he would be okay while she went to work. Not that she wouldn't worry about him.

"No, he isn't," she assured Newt, squeezing his hand and walking slowly backwards to lead him over to Credence. "Come see."

A warm little smile started to pull at her lips, the reality of it finally starting to settle in. They'd been wrong, completely. Credence was... Well. He wasn't fine, but he was okay. More than that, he had sought her out, just as Newt had believed he would've. As they reached the poor boy, Tina knelt down, looking up to encourage Newt to do the same beside her. "Credence? Newt's here. We want to help." Of course, it wasn't until she looked over at her... whatever he was that Tina realized something: One of the key reasons they had come back into each other's lives was now gone and replaced by something vastly more positive. Incredibly positive, in fact. And she had no idea what that would mean for the two of them. But she supposed that it wasn't important for the time being.

--------------------
TINA GOLDSTEIN,

click me. [Show]
^
Newton Scamander
 Posted on: Nov 24 2017, 04:12 AM
PMQuote
Newt

Magizoologist
Liz
4 points

credence (n.): mental acceptance as true or real Eyes wide with amazed reverence, Newt followed Tina and knelt just as she had, his gaze completely locked on Credence. "Hello," he offered in his standard soft, gentle tone. "I'm glad to see that you... you've found your way back here. To Tina. I can help you with the, well... do you actually know what it is? Did anybody explain it to you?" He was glad to have caught himself before diving into talk of the Obscurus. Credence probably still didn't even know what he was.

@Avery

--------------------
Newt Scamander
6'0" and gangly
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
CBox toggle by Nicole