g
    l
    e

c
    b
    o
    x

PLOT
    Welcome to Newt's New York! Our story is set ninety years ago, shortly after the events of the first "Fantastic Beasts" movie. War is coming, and it will affect everybody in the city. Maybe the magical New Yorkers will be able to end it!

STAFF

CREDITS
    Skin coded by Liz. Harry Potter and all related materials created by J.K. Rowling. CBox toggle by Nicole.
    News/Updates

- Dec. 25, 2017: Click here for info about January OTMs, a rule change, and the beginning of the war!

- Dec. 1, 2017: Calling all Grindelwald followers! The third message has been delivered! Oh, and Ilvermorny students might want to arrange dates for the Yule Ball, since Americans love their dances.

- Nov. 1, 2017: The Samhain dance party is going on at Ilvermorny! Also, make sure to check out the page header for November's OTM results.

- Oct. 14, 2017: New membergroup available! Get info about the Squib Army here

- Oct. 7, 2017: Low-stress activity check is taking place here. Please take a minute to complete it ASAP!

- Oct. 1, 2017: October OTM Awards are up! click here

- Sep. 28, 2017: The new skin is now available to be tested out! Click here for details.

- Sep. 28, 2017: October OTM voting opens - click here

- Sep. 24, 2017: October OTM nominations open - click here

- Sep. 1, 2017: Site opens!

- Aug. 2, 2017: Site construction begins.

Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store
    We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
    Closed
    New Poll

[complete] Craving the Alabama Sky, Cian
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 4 2017, 11:03 PM

Written by Callie ... Central time ... She

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

- App - Tracker - Plotter -
    Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. Just before five o-clock, just as she closed up shop, Haylee received a letter from her parents explaining that they couldn't come up and visit her for the holidays. She had already been preparing for their stay, making sure that the apartment was nicely decorated not to mention the cookies that she had spent weeks perfecting a recipe for. With the store already cleaned up, she just sat at the counter, her back to the outside window as she cried.

Five o-clock arrived and punctually Haylee would lock up her bakery, give Cian a wave, and head home for the night...but she couldn't bring herself to get up and move. She picked up one of the cookies that hadn't sold that day, taking a bite, and then putting it down as she decided that she couldn't eat after all.

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 4 2017, 11:26 PM

Written by Nexus ... Eastern USA time ... SHE

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... It was five. That meant it was timeto go home. He would stop and pick up a flower for Cait, and a flower for Neve and then he would be on his way home. First he needed to lock up, which was done check. Then he would wave, so he turned to wave to Haylee... but she wasn't there. No no no this wasn't right. She was always there. Something wasn't right.

His skin felt like needles were protruding, and he crossed the street quickly. Maybe she forgot. Maybe she lost track of time, but no no no something was wrong he knew it. Carefully pushing her door open, he shook his head. "Haylee.. it's five. Where are yo.." He stopped when he saw her on the ground, and she was crying. Uh oh.. crying.. that meant upset.. how did you deal with upset?

Feeling instantly uncomfortable but needing to help her somehow he slowly moved over, ad knelt down infront of her. "I.. why do you cry?"

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 4 2017, 11:43 PM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. Haylee was surprised to hear her door open, sucking in a deep breath to tell the person that they were closed.. and then seeing that it was Cian. Great.. She both hated and loved the fact that he was there, though the closer that he walked to her the more she appreciated it. His presence brought her a strange form of comfort, though it wasn't enough to cheer her up. She wiped her eyes, not looking at him as he knelt down in front of her.

"I just.. my family wrote to tell me that they won't be coming for Christmas. It looks like I'll be by myself this year.." She felt so pathetic sounding, being so open with him but that's how she always was. Honest. To the point. That was the way to do it. "I'm really missing where I grew up.." With that, she began to cry some more, her knees brought up to her chest, which she placed her head on top of, and her arms hugging herself.

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 4 2017, 11:55 PM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... Moving to sit beside her, even though his brain was screaming that he was off his schedule, that he needed to get going, he looked at her unsure of what to do, his hands dragging against his pants. Taking a deep breath to try and calm down he listened to what she had to say and hesitated his hand twitching for a second before he reached over and carefully slid his arm around her shoulders in a side hug.

"It's... okay you can come spend.. Christmas with my family. We.. have a lot of family, no one will mind" He may not have known people all that well, but with the amount of people his family took in he knew she would have been welcomed with open arms.

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 12:36 AM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. Haylee didn't know what she was thinking, although that was mostly because she wasn't when she lifted her head from knees and placed it on Cian's shoulder. She wiped her tears some more, enjoying the way that he smelled when... she realized that she was in his space..

Sitting up, Haylee shook her head. "I'm sorry.. I didn't think..." and then she sighed before changing the subject. "I wouldn't want to impose on your family". She silently cursed herself, hoping that he wouldn't mind too much for her momentary lapse of judgement.

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 08:05 AM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... Cian wasn't sure what to think when she laid her head on his shoulder. His inner voice was completely confused in every way. Part of him was yelling that he needed to get away, she was touching him, and another part however. Well he actually liked it which was very unusual for him. So he didn't say anything.

"My family pulls in people all the time. You would be welcome to be with us" With a nod he placed his hand on her shoulder and cleared his throat leaning over. "Please don't cry.. you can stay with us as long as you need"

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 08:43 AM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. It didn’t sound half bad, spending Christmas with Cian. It would certainly be better than sitting home alone with a pint of ice cream. So Haylee nodded, smiling at him slightly as she wiped the tears from her eyes once more. ”Thank you, Cian. I would love to”.

Haylee picked up the letter from her parents, placing it back into the envelope before running her finger over the stamp. Her parents were no-maj’s so they sent her mail through their system. That meant that when her parents wrote to her, they placed a stamp with a picture of Alabama on it. ”Have you ever been to Alabama?” she asked him before placing the letter by the cookies.

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 09:17 AM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... "Good" Nodding his head he gave her a smile, his hand on her shoulders. Letting out a breath he leaned back against the window and looked up at the ceiling clearing his throat. "I have never been anywhere but Ilvermorny and New York"

Pausing he looked over at her and tilted his head to the side. "What is Alabama like? You seem to miss it a lot. It must be great" With a nod of his head he waited patiently willing to listen to anything that she had to say.

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 10:24 AM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. Haylee stayed where she could hug her legs, looking over at Cian as he spoke and then smiled nostalgically as she remembered her hometown. ”Evergreen Alabama" she started. "It's nothing like here. There arent many people and there are fields everywhere. But it's breathtakingly beautiful, and much warmer than here."

A single tear fell down Haylee's cheek as she spoke. The vision of the blue skies and swaying cotton remained on her mind, and she hadn't even noticed.

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 10:36 AM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... Listening to her, he felt like his chest hurt when he saw a tear fall down her cheek. He just didn't know why. Reaching over he wiped the tear from her cheek and let out a slow breath. "It sounds.. pretty amazing actually" Nodding in agreement he cleared his throat running his hand over his face.

'Maybe you can take me there one day" Looking over at her he cocked his head to the side. "I would like to see.. something that isn't buildings one day"

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 11:00 AM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. He just... There was so much going on that Haylee couldn't quite comprehend. He wiped away her tear.. and his arm was around her.. and he wanted her to take him to Alabama... She looked at him for a bit, trying to figure him out.

Haylee leaned back against the window, curious what would happen if she placed her head on his shoulder again. She did so slowly, feeling hyper aware of his movements just in case it seemed too much. "Yea.. Maybe I could. Though there isn't as much to do"

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 11:16 AM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... She laid her head on his shoulder, and he didn't react though he did feel his own space closing in. He was so conflicted. He had only ever really had the desire to do this for someone once before, and that had been his uncle. Haylee was the first person he was actually needing to protect.

"As long as there is metal there's something to do" Pausing he laid his head back against the window his hand tapping against his leg repeatedly. 'It's after five.. you close at five"

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 11:36 AM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. A smile creeped on Haylee's face as he mentioned that she was suppose to be closed. "You're right. Five oclock." she said, but didn't make a move. He felt comfortable, safe even. Unfortunately, she knew that he probably wanted to leave and sat up so that he could stand if he wanted to.

"Cian.. Why did you come to check on me?" Haylee asked, knowing that he would most likely give a straightforward answer..

PM
    ^
    Cian Mulligan-O'Brien
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 12:34 PM

Cian
    O'Brien Mob
    22 . 6'2" . Pureblood
    N/A

Owner and Inventor
    Nexus
    54 points

Wrong... Looking at her confused because of her question, he tilted his head to the side watching her for a moment. He thought it was obvious, but then again he wasn't very good at knowing what was obvious. "I say goodbye to you every day at five. You weren't there to say good bye to.. it was wrong"

Pausing he turned to face her glad that she had stopped crying he leaned on his knees. "It was wrong to leave without saying goodbye. It felt.. I needed to fix it" Confusing himself even he shook his head and let out a breath

PMEmail
    ^
    Haylee Mantell
     Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 12:45 PM

Haylee
    Magical Citizens
    22 . 5'7" . No-Maj Born

Baker/Decorator
    Callie
    116 points

This cookie doesn't hide the pain very well. Haylee smiled at him and placed her hand on his gently, more so like a pat then anything. "Well, I'm glad that you did" she replied as she stood up, extending a hand to help him up as well.

She made her way to the kitchen, placing the top on the small container of cookies that she had tried to eat earlier. She turned off the kitchen light and grabbed her bag, making her way back to the front door.

PM
    ^
    0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Topic Options
    Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
    Closed
    New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D