g
g
l
e

c
b
o
x
Plot - Getting Started - Rules - Application - Claims - Codes - Who's Who - Plotters - Want Ads - Absences - Members - Store

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites
We are

days

hours

minutes

seconds

old.

Add Reply
New Poll

Just Like Me, Myles
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 07:00 PM
PMQuote

48 posts . years old . tall .

Nexus
49 points

So you can teach me about what I am? user posted image
Neve had another nightmare. She just couldn't help it. The night she had been attacked and changed scarred her, and she didn't like how out of control she felt that first time she changed. She was always scared she was going to hurt someone, and the pain of going through the change was overwhelming. She was lucky though that she had the family she did. PG and everyone had been so accepting, and her PG had even gotten little sleep as he was usually taking her in the middle of the night to see the stars.

She could tell he was exhausted though because as she laid with her head on his chest and he snored, he didn't move when a rabbit jumped out beside them and she jolted. Still she remembered chasing rabbits in her wolf form, eating them even. It made her sad but she had fun doing it. Sitting up she watched the rabbit stare at her before it hopped off into the woods, and she was curious. Glancing at PG who had not moved a muscle, she got to her feet and ran after the rabbit.

She followed it, twisting and turning through the woods without even thinking, before she lost it's scent in a pile of wet leaves.It was only then that she was frozen. She was alone in the woods again. Just like... like when that man left her to be wolf food. Every snap of a twig, or rustle of a leaf made her jump, and she was looking all around her but she had gone into the woods too far and she couldn't remember how she got to where she was. She wanted her PG. He made her safe but she was not safe right now. Whimpering quietly her hand slapped over her mouth quickly.

No. She was strong. She had fought back against that wolf before, and she survived the change before! She was strong, she could do this. She would not be afraid anymore. Though it sounded like something big was moving through the leaves, and everything inside of her ran cold. Gulping she ducked behind a big tree, and grabbed the biggest branch that had fallen on the ground she could hold, as the leaves crunching got closer. That wolf was not getting her again. Not a chance. Nope! She waited, her heart racing as the crunching got closer, and just as it was going to pass her tree she lashed out trying to knock whatever it was down by swinging the branch as hard as she could.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 07:56 PM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf
32 posts . 32 years old . 6' 4" tall . No-Maj Born

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

I promised you everything would be fine user posted image

Myles could feel the moonlight making his skin prickle. He'd been Changing for so many years it was almost like breathing and he craved it even when the moon wasn't full. He could have Transformed then and there but, he'd lived as a wolf for months on end and he had reason to want to be a man, now. Others were relying on him, whether he liked it or not. He had Vi and Blythe to think of. He had to consider what was best for them. The wolf in him wanted revenge; it wanted to Hunt down the threat and remove it. But, the man he was knew that would only bring more danger and damage than necessary. A man should not seek danger but, avoid it at all cost.

Still, he found himself wandering the forest at night, seeking the comfort of the wind in the trees and the smells of game in the bushed, hiding from who and what he was though, they really had no idea. The rabbits had it right; he was the very essence of danger and they were smart to hide.

A rapid heart beat caught his attention and Myles slowed his gait, listening harder. Was it a deer? No. It didn't sound right. He inhaled and caught the scent of something - someone young. He frowned but continued forward, sniffing out the hidden child, concerned they may be lost.

Rounding a tree, Myles heard the rustle of a swinging branch more than anything and, thanks to years of training, managed to dodge the blow, a hand reaching out instinctively to grasp it and yank it hard out of his assailants' hands. He tossed the branch away and locked eyes on the girl-child. "Nice try, kid," he griped, stepping a few feet back from her, to give her space as he looked her over quickly, assessing the threat and the situation as a whole.

She was alone. She was dressed well enough. She was a werewolf. That last was the fact he stuck on. A child werewolf alone in the woods. "What are you doin' out here, darlin'?" he asked, trying to keep his deep voice gentle. He'd scared her enough already; Myles didn't want to frighten her any more.

--------------------
gotta be careful / can’t go biting people now / lest they thirst for blood
Myles's App . Tracker . Plotter
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 08:18 PM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

Oh fudge. He grabbed her branch, well that was rude. Still he was huge. Very big. He smelled different too, not like normal people and that had her a bit on edge. Still he took a step away, and she stood on the tip of her toes about ready to run if she had too, she was always ready to run now, and she was good at it. Still for some reason she felt like she should be cowering a bit under his gaze. He just looked like he was in charge, kind of like Grandmac when everyone was around, but she didn't know him.

Her eyes glanced around in case she had to run again, needing to know if where she should run if she needed to. "I was chasing a rabbit and got lost.." Her voice almost defensive in the way she spoke, she shook her head and took a step back from him some. "My PG is really protective. He will find me you know" His voice seemed calm and like he was okay to talk too but the fact he smelled different scared her. She didn't understand what that meant and now she wished she hadn't chased the rabbit.

"I... am just.. going to go now.. PG is looking for me.. I know he is" Nodding she took another step back from him, her eyes focused on where he was. She was not going to be attacked again. Nope! Nope! Fast feet, she had fast feet.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 08:38 PM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

Myles could smell the fear on the girl. She wreaked of it now she was face to face with him where as, before, it had only been a mild tinge of sour on the sweet night air. He exhaled slowly, and shook off the scent; the smell of fear was something he knew too well. It was a the scent of prey but, this girl-child was not prey. She was lost.

He cocked his head a little at her words. 'PG', what in the Moon's name was that? Myles raised his brows and relaxed his stance so that he was, hopefully, not so frightening in appearance. She had stepped back from him and everything about her bristled with the need to run. He wouldn't have blamed her if she had bolted but, he'd have caught her easily. Not that he'd have chased her. The idea of running her down wasn't a pleasant one but, if she was going to get herself even more lost, he might have to. Myles really, really hope she wouldn't run.

She started to step away and Myles sighed, wanting badly to roll his eyes but, that was an unfair assessment of his emotions. She was scared and wanted her 'PG' - whatever that was - and he was a big, hulking stranger in the woods. He saw it for what it was and it made sense even if it stung a little. "Look, kid. I'm not goin' to hurt you," Myles said, holding his ground. "Wasn't it you who tried to hit me with a branch?" His lips twitched in amusement; she was a whip of a thing but she packed a wallop. Catching that branch hadn't exactly felt pleasant.

--------------------
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 08:51 PM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

Kid. He kept calling her kid and it made her stand up a little straighter. She wasn't a kid. She was big, and she was very smart. She wasn't a kid. Looking at him she put her hands on her hips, the bruise to her ego enough that she was overlooking her fear instead of wanting to run away. "I am not a kid.. and what do you expect when you sound like a mountain walking!" Lifting her hands she waved them over her head trying to make herself look bigger as she looked at him, a shake of her head following.

"You came all sneaking up on me, and why would some big guy be going through the woods anyways? You're creepy.. creepy people get hit with branches. It's logic!" Throwing her hands up again to make her point she shook her head and clicked her tongue a couple of times, before she remembered. Oh yeah.. he is ten times your size.. you're eight years old.. he could snap you with one finger. Her eyes flicked up at him and she narrowed her eyes slightly. "Just so you know.. I bite.."

Showing her teeth in a very non threatening way since she was so small and really not scary at all, she stood there like she was the scariest thing alive. She didn't realize he was a werewolf. How could she? She didn't know anything about it. "So.. so... yeah if you don't want to lose a finger.." Okay that even seemed feeble to her, her voice was too innocent to sound threatening and she sighed quietly.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 09:00 PM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

Myles stood there. He just stood there and listened to the tirade of the girl-child before him. Sweet Moon, she was funny. Her gestures and her expressions and her words...all of it, she was too damn funny and Myles found himself starting to chuckle but he tried his best to stifle his amusement by clearing his throat. It was no good though. He was laughing outright now but, he got it under control quickly.

"Sorry. Sorry, really. I didn't mean to laugh at you, darlin', it's just...you're so tiny. But, you put up a good front," Myles admitted. "Even if I can smell the fear rollin' off you."

He lifted his hands in mock surrender. "But, don't worry about me. I got the message. You can take care of yourself." He moved to turn away, letting her think he was leaving her there, alone, in the middle of the darker than dark woods. The reason she could see so well at all was because of her tainted blood. The reason she'd heard him coming was because of the same thing. Normal human ears very rarely detected his step. But, she was no normal human and if he knew his kind at all, she'd be too curious to let him leave so easily.

--------------------
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 09:38 PM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

Well that didn't work. He laughed at her. That didn't go how she wanted it to, but wait... he said he could smell fear. His words were interesting, and it made her curious. Maybe he was like her. But.. he was leaving, and she was alone. Her eyes darted around the woods and she unwillingly whimpered before she jumped up. "Wait!.. I.. um.. you shouldn't walk in the woods alone though. I can.. protect you? Yeah I will protect you" Sure she was scared but she didn't like admitting that.

"I.. can walk with you until I find my PG.. yeah that's it" Running over beside of him she looked up at him, her head almost tilted all the way back to look up at him. He was so tall. "How can you smell fear? Are you like me? Cause I can smell weird stuff too.. a lot. Like when PG has candy in his pockets. I always know that" What was going on tonight, she couldn't see the stars through the trees, and she didn't know where PG was or how she was going to get back but this big guy was here, and he said interesting stuff.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 02:54 PM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

Myles only slowed his step when the girl called for him to wait. She would catch up, he knew it. Werewolf or no, she was still a child alone in the forest and that was scary. The darkness held so many threats. And, so many beauties.

Tucking his hands casually into the pockets of his jeans, Myles strolled along through the trees giving no evident sign that he was extremely aware of their surroundings. He shrugged. "Come along or not, as you please," he drawled in his Texas accent.

He chuckled at her question and her following ramble. "Am I like you?" Myles asked, glancing down at her. "Why, darlin', you're nothin' like me even if you are a werewolf." He back tracked though, thinking his words might have sounded threatening, unintentionally. "But, yes. I am one, too," he said nonchalantly. "But, I've been this way nearly all my life. I'm not new, like you."

Myles could tell the girl was curious about him. About herself, too. It was hard to be so young and have no one to help you navigate such a drastic change to your life. Whomever this 'PG' person was, Myles hoped they didn't abandon her once they discovered what she really was...

"Is this 'PG' you keep talkin' about - are they a parent? Your father, maybe?" Myles asked suddenly, his own curiosity getting the better of him.

--------------------
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 03:15 PM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

Narrowing her eyes at him slightly as she tried to figure him out, having to walk a bit faster to keep up with his long strides. She was much shorter after all but she could do it. She was fast. ”Well... I may be new, but… it doesn’t make me any less than you, that was very rude. You should have manners” Scolding him like she would have been if she had been rude to one of her family members or someone else she shook her head her eyes scanning the trees rapidly. She didn’t much like the woods since her attack, it had been terrifying, her nightmares proved that.

Then he was asking about PG and her face lit up happily, a little hop in her steps was added. She was always happy when she talked about her new family but she shook her head at the last question. ”No I had a daddy. But he died, my mama and siblings too. But PG was there to save me. He adopted me, he isn’t my daddy but he is Papa Gael, that means PG. When I was bitten him and my Grandmac, my grandpa Cormac, he is PG’s uncle.. or father… something it’s weird so I just call him Grandmac, they found me. They saved me”

Nodding firmly as they walked she glanced up at him. ”I have nightmares, PG brings me out here so I can see the stars.. we sleep on a hill… It makes me feel better, PG is really good. Do you have a family?” Curious she tilted her head to the side as they walked curious about the older werewolf before her.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 07:51 PM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

Myles looked down at Neve as she scolded him and arched a brow. "You're a feisty one, aren't you?" He shrugged and continued on his way. "Anyway, I wasn't bein' rude. I was statin' a fact. You, well, bein' new means many things. And, right now, you can't begin to understand what it is to be a werewolf." He scanned routinely, searching for any sign of a threat in their surroundings. All was as it should be, though; the night was peaceful.

Myles felt a heavy sadness weigh on him when Neve spoke of her family being dead. He could relate but, he had been so very young that he hardly remembered his parents or siblings names let alone their faces. "Well, it sounds like you were lucky they found you, darlin'," Myles said, his voice a bit scratchy with emotion. It sounded like these men at least, treated her well; the way she spoke of them, they were clearly her family, now.

"No, I don't have a family. Not anymore," he replied to her question. "Not the kind you mean, anyway." The Pack in Texas had been the only 'family' he could remember but, they were not the kind of family he'd wish on this young girl. "So, what's your name, hmm? I'm Myles." He flashed a smile down at her. "If you're goin' to keep me safe, I think it's fair I should know my protector's name, don't you?" he teased.

--------------------
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 08:18 PM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

"Well your facts come off really rude. That's a fact to" Nodding she looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders a smile on her face. "PG says I am just full of life.. that isn't bad" With another shake of her head she walked with him silent when he spoke listening to what he had to say. She heard people say in her family you could learn a lot about someone when they spoke, not that she understood how but she would try.

When he asked her name she smiled big and ran out in front of him curtsying as she looked up at him happily. "I am Neve Grace Callaghan-O'Brien! Nice to meet you Myles" She had actually calmed down a lot between him talking to her about her family, and not feeling alone, but then she heard rustling in the leaves and her entire body went rigid. She spun around her ears trying to locate the sound of the rustling and she was about ready to run.

Her heart started to race, and all she could imagine was that big wolf coming after her again. She wanted her PG. Almost making an angry noise at how cornered she felt by not being able to see what it was in the darkness, she was suddenly ready to run again. No. She was not getting attacked again.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Feb 8 2018, 12:48 AM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

She certainly was full of life, that was a fact. Myles grinned a little at her as Neve introduced herself so very properly. She was endearing; he could see why someone had taken her in in spite of her being Bitten.

Her jumpy nature made him curious but, Myles didn't smell anything worth worrying about around them so he shrugged and moved on, knowing she'd follow him. "Don't worry, Neve. There's nothin' to worry about, out there." He flashed her a toothy grin. "The most threatenin' thing I've run into tonight was a little girl with a stick!" He chuckled then and kept walking.

"So, do you have any idea which way you came from? I'm sure your PG is missin' you by now." He could smell the fear of the unknown and the want for familiarity on her; she really did care for her PG. Myles hoped the man cared for Neve so much; she was a child and she needed love and care, especially since her life was bound to be so difficult simply because of what she had been made into. Being a werewolf was no easy existance in the 1920's.

--------------------
^
Neve Callaghan-O'Brien
 Posted on: Feb 8 2018, 07:58 AM
PMQuote

Nexus
49 points

Myles started to walk again, and despite not liking she couldn't tell what was behind her, she trusted him for some reason. Her gut just told her that he wasn't threatening to her, but still his comment made her smile big up at him. "I knew I scared you with the stick!" The previous rustling quickly forgotten since she was still a child with a short attention span. "I hit strong"

Following with him, hopping over a log she bit her lip when he asked his question and she looked around shaking her head sadly. "No.. I got turned around. I was in a field by a big tree with my PG." Wrapping her arms around her midsection sadly she looked down at the ground as she walked. "You can see the stars really good. I want to go back"

She liked Myles. It was nice to meet another werewolf, but she would have rather met him when she wasn't lost so that she wasn't close to freaking out. She needed to be big.

^
Myles Bailey
 Posted on: Apr 15 2018, 12:00 AM
PMQuote
Myles
Werewolf

Transient Laborer
Summer
4 points

Myles could feel the fear bubbling in Neve. She wanted her PG. She wanted the comfort that came with a familiar, caring person's company.

"It's goin' to be alright, Neve," he said again. "We'll get you back to 'im, I promise." Myles looked down at the little werewolf and offered a reassuring smile before glancing around the trees they were ambling through. "Now, I want you to think really hard about this," he instructed Neve. "What does your PG smell like? Can you imagine it, clearly?"

As he did not know the man at all, he would need Neve's knowledge to begin Hunting for him. Of course, this was not a Hunt in the truest - cruelest - sense he had been taught, growing up. This was not for making more werewolves or for food. This was a Hunt that could help and, to Myles, it felt brilliant to be able to do something so different for a change. It felt nice to help someone rather than constantly watching his own back, awaiting the inevitable moment someone from the Texas Pack finally tracked him down.

--------------------
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Everything Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling <3
Skin coded by Liz
Header created by Nexus
CBox toggle by Nicole